Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 45: The Worst Things In Your Life Are: An Absolute Blessing

Day 45: The Worst Things In Life Are: An Absolute Blessing

Read: Psalm 103

This morning, my usually reliable alarm clock was not so reliable. When I realized that it was later in the morning than I originally thought, I rushed out of bed only to nearly trip over one of the six cats we have running around the house. I rushed out of bed only to realize that my arthritic neck was going to give me a very bad time. It is only 645 in the morning and already I do not want to know what will happen 15 minutes from now. I am convinced that I will not move from the spot I am sitting in for the rest of the day. I just know that I will end up stubbing my little toe between here and that somewhere where I really know I need to be. It's officially one of those days that Mom told you about long ago, but never told you there would be so many.

But the questions beckons to be asked: How can we feel blessed during difficult times? When we have more questions than answers… When bad things happen to good people… When evil seems to be gaining ground… When the last penny is spent and retirement is decades away… When your retirement savings are gone and you still have many years to live… When your medical coverage has come to an end and you’ve found no relief… When the doctor says its terminal… When the phone rings in the middle of night and the news is so much worse than you could ever imagine… When life is hard, when there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel, where do we turn? How can we believe we are going to be blessed during difficult times?

No one knows what the rest of today or what tomorrow will bring. In life there is only One anchor which is truly constant, who is firm, who is secure and who is constantly placing one blessing after the other right in front of our eyes every minute of our very toughest of days. So many that we could never hope to count them all. Our God is the same yesterday, today, and also tomorrow. His blessings can be ours today!

How can we believe we are constantly blessed during difficult times? We can always take one step away from the bad stuff. We each can step away long enough to bless ourselves with a big smile at the blessing of being a child of God blessedly assured He will always be at our side. What a blessing when we finally recognize that God is our only source of strength and refuge, forgiveness and mercy, grace and love - our only shelter, our perfect security in this life and the one to come. Bless the Lord, O my soul and all that is within me, Bless the Lord O my soul forgetting none of his benefits. The absolute worst of days I may ever have in my life and The absolutely best thing in my life - my God that I will always have, are absolute blessings for me.

Let us Pray: For surely, O Lord, you bless the righteous. I, therefore, declare that I am blessed through Jesus Christ. Thank You for surrounding me with Your favor as with a shield. I thank You, Lord, that I can abound in your favor and blessing today. I, therefore, joyfully anticipate Your favor to go before me today. I anticipate the favor of God surrounding me and I eagerly await my Heavenly Father to reveal to my heart soul and spirit that just one more of the uncountable blessings He has placed before me that I may always begin my very worst of days smiling, praising the One who gave me life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khF7fxKZ3vY
Bless The Lord O My Soul (10,000 Reasons) by Matt Redman with Lyrics
www.youtube.com
Video copyright Youtube User ID bobf72450. Bless The Lord O My Soul sung by Matt Redman. "Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment