Monday, August 6, 2012

Day 50: I Am Knocking On God’s Kingdom Door – Anyone Home?

Day 50: I Am Knocking On God’s Kingdom Door – Anyone Home?

Read: Psalm 13; Luke 11:1 - 13

Standing before God’s kingdom, I was confronted by two doors. I had to make a choice which door I was going to use to try to enter in. One said ‘God’s Complaint Department here’, please take a number and have a seat. The other said ‘Prayer Department, 'Ask, and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened for you.’ Jesus Christ – Chief Operating Officer. There were these two doors directly in my path. Both sought to beckon me to enter and both welcomes gave me sufficient reason to stop and pause. Entering either of these doors is often difficult choice for many believers and non believers alike to make. How is it we are trying to gain access into God’s heavenly kingdom? Is it with an angry complaint, a humble prayer? Will God listen to either knock? Will God be opening up the door for you?

As I read through the Scriptures, as I studied them and sought out the leading of the Holy Spirit, the door that said ‘Complaint’ seemed to be most inviting to enter. My heart was now experiencing some heaviness and truthfully there was some level of discouragement taking up residence as well. With a bit of a heavy heart I tentatively knocked on the door that's marked ‘Complaint Department. So I knocked on the door, and was invited to come in, have a seat and told to make myself at home. The sound came through the door quite clearly. No one opened it for me. I had to choose to go in. I had no earthly idea who or what I would find waiting for me on the other side of the door. I put the Scripture to the test - I knocked and the door was opened for me

What I witnessed when I walked in was a single room of enormous proportions. I looked to the right of me and there was the door that said ‘Prayer Department’. Both doors lead to the same room which was God’s Throne Room and Father Son and Holy Spirit were there waiting for me. As you read Scripture and try to interpret its many lessons, how your heart goes is for the most part exactly how you will experience Scripture. Which door you are most drawn to enter seeking God will be guided by how your life is going at that moment. But the Good News for all of us is this; however your heart may feel when you enter seeking answers - all doors will lead to God. Whether you have angry complaints or humble prayers, God will be waiting for you to ask that He may give you every blessing, Are you searching that He may reveal the the door that leads to His Kingdom? Knock that the door opens for you to come in?

Let us knock: Lord, we have come to listen to You and to share with You all our complaints and our humble prayers. We have come to surrender to You all that is on our hearts and minds. We have come to praise You and give You thanks. We have come because You are worthy and because of our great needs. We have come because we know You are always waiting for us here. You are always waiting for us to enter as we are through the door that leads to Your throne room. Receive us as we are and fill us with Your love and empower us with Your Holy Spirit that we may worship You in the beauty of Christ’s holiness. Halleluiah, Halleluiah, Halleluiah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_KXsMCJgBQ
One Thing Remains - Jesus Culture (lyric video)
www.youtube.com
Lyric video in the style of iWorship to Jesus Culture's "One Thing Remains." Some of the motion backgrounds were free of copyright via this man
One Thing Remains - Jesus Culture (lyric video)
www.youtube.com
Lyric video in the style of iWorship to Jesus Culture's "One Thing Remains." Some of the motion

No comments:

Post a Comment