Monday, August 27, 2012

Day 71: Some May Trust In Horses, Some May Trust In Chariots ....

Day 71: Some May Trust In Horses, Some May Trust In Chariots ....

Read: Psalm 20:6 - 9

First I just want to begin by thanking my God and my wife for arriving at this point of 100 + days of of devotions and prayer. In the absence of either one these sources of undying encouragement and indispensable support, the struggle to remain disciplined enough bring you these 71 consecutive days may well have been too overwhelming to contemplate. It is not even close to anything I would have believed to be possible when my Sovereign God first called me to this act of obedience about 100 days ago.

During the past 100 days I have had to give battle to my perpetually irritating and painful left hip. I have had to give battle to a health care system the last four years to provide to me an effective diagnosis and means of effectively treating my left hip. It was only in the last 100 days or so that I have finally been treated with six Steroid Injections into the offending hip regions. 
Now there does not seem to be an end in sight for the injections because being Diabetic the healing process takes that much longer. In the mean time my Blood Sugar consistently hovers above, some days well above 200 (Normal is 80 - 120). I fear what these consistently high values will do to the rest of my body - my kidneys, my heart etc..

When trouble comes your way, to whom do you run to bail you out? Consider this; When you have overwhelming needs, who do seek out to meet those needs? When you just can’t do it your self and you need someone to give you a helping hand to make it through, who do you reach out to for help? You may feel like there is no one you can run to and you fully recognize every single opportunity to say "I just gotta quit - It is just not worth it!" Striving and fighting hard against that temptation to throw your arms up in complete surrender, getting very angry at yourself.

Believe me, I have been there and I am fighting against it even now. However, the Psalmist gives us the very best news possible: There is One who will hear when you call for help. My own faith journey tells me very strongly that God will pick the right moment to bless me with the miracle I need to move one more step and then another into the Kingdom of God and just persevere.

I have to put my trust in the health care system because in the end they are the one's who have the medication and the surgical skills that I am going to one day need. I know that I must still continue to endure waiting for their right moment to act. I know that in the end all the delays in the treatment of my hip will one day collapse, I will move into the operating room and In Jesus' name, they'll finally do what needs to be done.

The moment will inevitably arrive when, with God's help and my wife's, that we will reach this place of security when God will answer us and our eternal victory awaits! With my God's, and my loving wife's help, my victory will be that I will rise again. I will enter a new chapter of what it means to be the legs and feet of Jesus Christ in the world I live in.

Pray: Father, You bless those who revere Your name and delight in Your commands. In the midst of my inner turmoil or outer conflict I pray I shall not be to badly shaken, for my heart to remain steadfast and true, trusting in You and Your overall plan for my life. My fervent desire is to remain firmly grounded in your eternal victory as I seek to one day overcome the daily obstacles common to all who live on earth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6SwevjRPuo
some may trust in horses with lyrics.mp4 www.youtube.com

Some may trust in horses, Some may trust in chariots, But we will trust in the name of our God...... Psalm 20:7
some may trust in horses with lyrics.mp4
www.youtube.com
Some may trust in horses, Some may trust in chariots, But we will trust in the name of our God......

No comments:

Post a Comment