Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day 70: Oh Hum; "I Guess God Isn't Listening to Me."

Day 70: Oh Hum; "I Guess God Isn't Listening to Me."

Read: Psalm 20:1 - 5

Have you heard this before - the oh hum's? You are waiting for that something to happen. You tell somebody how important and how wonderful it would be if that one thing you are waiting for would just show up. You are waiting in eager anticipation for this singular moment but only end up in an endless cycle of delays and excuses and hopeful expressions of maybe tomorrow, maybe next week or next month looks very promising. People keep asking you how it's going and you just keep your chin up.

There is the endless array of hopeful expressions. "Oh hum, don't worry about it, just keep waiting something is just bound to happen sooner or later." "Oh, hum, just be patient I am sure that something will change real soon." "Oh hum, just hang in there, things cannot stay the same forever - it just seems that way." It is "Oh hum" this and "Oh hum" that. Lets face the truth of it, it is incredibly frustrating to listen to even the very best of their intentions. Believe me, I appreciate their thoughts but my circumstance is still not changing neither is much progress being made toward better.

Well this is how I am feeling right now while I am patiently (?) waiting for some small bit of meaningful resolution. It has been four years worth of waiting and it has been little more that one "Oh hum" after the other - even from the Doctors treating me. I can read the first four verses of this Psalm and I think to myself "Oh Great, David's great chorus of "Oh Hum's!" Just what I need to hear -- I don't think so! I keep right on praying to God like I am supposed to for a break through. However, the only answer I seem to be getting from God is "Oh Hum, yeah I'll get to that eventually."

Sometimes it seems like God's attitude toward answering our prayers is too close to "Oh Hum" for comfort. There are moments when even though I know God is alive and well and answering prayers somewhere, from the midst of my frustration with my hip I find myself sitting in my chair and only reluctantly praying for my healing. I know that 'eventually' will arrive one day and there will be resolution, however I do find myself deeply desiring that God will one day rise up delivering my 'eventually' today. Right now, I will try to put my "Oh Hum's" in their proper place - God's Altar!!

Father God, Help me to transform my all too many "Oh Hum" moments into great and glorious moments of song, worship and loudest praise to you. In Jesus' name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vTGuB-eQkA
Hillsong - You Hold Me Now Video w/ Lyrics
www.youtube.com
From Hillsong's newest release, United, A_Cross//The Earth: Tear Down Walls, "You Hold Me Now" I pray this video touches your heart and provides you the hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment