Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Day 44: The Best Things In Life Are: Closer Than You Believe!

Day 44: The Best Thing In Your Life Is: Closer Than You Believe!

Read: Acts 4:8 - 12; Romans 10:5 - 17


Honey, Where are my glasses? I cannot find them anywhere. I have looked all over the house and I just simply cannot find them. Honey, please help me, I do not know where else I can look! The wife just remains seated in her chair doing whatever it is she is doing at the time. Come on I reply, help me find my glasses, I cannot see if I do not have my glasses. She then gets up from her chair, reaches on top of my head and what do you suppose she finds there? Yep, my own nowhere to be found glasses.

Have you ever frantically searched for something that was right by you all the time - like your glasses perched on your head, a pencil behind your ear, or a wallet in your coat pocket? Such a panicky search at best will make you feel completely foolish. Yes,
I do this with my car keys, my cane, my wallet, my phone, and too much more. I have come to notice that if you look in your hip pocket is the ten dollar bill you thought you lost last week. The only difference is that by now it has been put through the wash.

Another kind of frantic search is the search for salvation. Many people search high and low for salvation never realizing it’s standing right by them. They spend many years reading books, comparing religions and churches, and even embarking on costly conferences right in their own backyard only to find out that the best thing they could ever have in their life was always directly next to them waiting for them to notice it. Perhaps that even describes you. Searching high and low for the best thing you could want to have in your life and it has been tapping you on the shoulder all the time. You
don’t need to make a Herculean effort to find it. Salvation is closer than you believe.

8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, ‘Rulers of the people and elders, 9 if we are questioned today because of a good deed done to someone who was sick and are asked how this man has been healed, 10 let it be known to all of you, and to all the people of Israel, that this man is standing before you in good health by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead. 11 This Jesus is

“the stone that was rejected by you, the builders;
it has become the cornerstone.”
12 There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among mortals by which we must be saved.’ (Acts 4:8 - 12)

When you read this Bible passage, how close is salvation: to Peter? To the rulers of the people and elders? To the one's who are sick? To the one who has been healed?
How close is your very own personal salvation to you? How close to you is the best thing in your life?

Let us Pray: Lord, we have heard of all that you have done in and through the lives of your people - throughout the centuries, across the world, in our own backyards. You
have touched and changed humanity's whole way of living; you have made us new. We are here to say thank you, to become the people you always meant us to be. I pray, Lord; that you come and enter my heart and my life. Let change happen. I pray for but the smallest awareness of just how close you truly are to me. I pray that your salvation may come to me and that I may embrace it with all my heart, soul & spirit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oori38D7-zE

No comments:

Post a Comment