Friday, August 10, 2012

Day 54: 'Impossible' In Hospice & The Lord Is ...! And We Are ...?

Day 54: 'Impossible' In Hospice & The Lord Is ...! And We Are ...?

Read: Psalm 145:8 - 13; Matthew 17:14 - 20

8 The Lord is gracious and merciful,
slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.
9 The Lord is good to all,
and his compassion is over all that he has made. (Psalm 145:8 - 9)

19 Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, ‘Why could we not cast it out?’ 20 He said to them, ‘Because of your little faith. For truly I tell you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, “Move from here to there”, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.’ (Matthew 17:19 - 20)

This morning I find myself pondering these passages against the scenario of sitting alongside 'Impossible' laying in a Hospice bed. I believe that I have been called to come to this place at this time by God to ponder some very important truths and places in my own life that I have some considerable difficulty with and perhaps the Psalmist David had as well and well, perhaps from time to time each of you do also. The Lord is all these things and so much more to us; but how about us being all these things for each of us? Yeah, I've said it a few times too - But that's just 'Impossible'.

'The Lord is good to ALL, and his compassion is over ALL he has made' Great and wonderful are God's words and his truths are unsearchable and all that. However, it is 'Impossible' lying in that Hospice bed. The Lord is good to 'Impossible'?? WOW!!! The Lord has compassion, is gracious and merciful and slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love for 'Impossible'??? YIKES!!! Jesus said that all I need is to believe that I faith as big as a tiny mustard seed and I can sing the same song the Psalmist sang about myself and I can minister to 'Impossible'. I mean I am stunned. Father Son Holy Spirit are telling me I have faith enough to minister to a dying 'Impossible'! With the very smallest exercise of faith, possible can become possible for our 'Impossible'.

I realize that this may seem a bit confusing to you and it certainly was for me as I was writing this. Is 'Impossible' a real or fictionalized person that we can minister to it? I thought about this and realized that while 'Impossible' is not real flesh and blood, we never the less assign human qualities to it. We give 'Impossible' life and meaning as we continue to live our lives as though 'Impossible' was the very skin we walked in. We breathe 'Impossible' It is though we ourselves are the very flesh and blood of 'Impossible.' Yes, the Lord is all those wonderful things to all those great, wonderful people David sang of. Now, How about us, each to the other and for each other? For your 'Impossible' to be possible, 'Impossible' must be ministered to, and laid to rest.

Today, Pray Psalm 145. Personalize verses 8 - 11. Ask the Lord to lead you through those verses you find 'Impossible' or where you need faith as big as a mustard seed to get your heart through. Pray for the day when your faith can be as big as a mustard seed and finally allow your 'Impossible' to become possible & rest in peace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8hZ4DbUUu4
Unfailing Love - Chris Tomlin.wmv
www.youtube.com
Worship video with lyrics. I produced several videos for use in my small home group. I pray that this video will not only bless you, but bring Glory to

No comments:

Post a Comment