Monday, February 25, 2013

Day 153: Staying Balanced In An Unbalanced World

Day 153: Staying Balanced In An Unbalanced World

Read: Psalms 119:49 - 56

We all know we live in a fast-paced, hectic world. Some days in this thing we call life seems like the most bizarre jigsaw puzzle that no matter how hard you try, how long you try just does not want to come together the way the big picture shows you it is. Or in some cases, as has happened to me all the pieces are not in the box - and it is a brand new puzzle box. Looking around under the furniture, between the cushions is useless, then the 'help line' is no use. Many times we will struggle with the questions; "How do we make sense out of nonsense?”, “How can we or are we expected to keep our sanity in balance?"

How do we keep our balance in an unbalanced world? Can we keep our balance in an unbalanced world? I am not simply just talking about trying to physically walk across the top of your roof to fix a leak in a rain storm with a bag of nails swinging from the hip. Nor am I talking about walking across a tight rope from one side of Niagara Falls to the other for I sincerely doubt there are many who consider themselves balanced enough to perform such tasks. Balance is a powerful thing to be in full possession of. Staying upright is a good thing to have when you are constantly trying to walk along a spiritual straight line too. Balance for the individual here brings strong self esteem, assurance, self confidence.

The psalmist provides for us two truths in this section of Scripture of how we can stay balanced in an unbalanced world. First of all, if we are to remain balanced in and unbalanced world, we must have… Courageous hope (49) 'Do not forget Your promise to Your servant; through it You have given me hope.' Hope in God’s Word. Remember the Psalmist did not have the complete Word of God as we do but he has still found that hope, within the Word of God that was available to him. In this verse he is reflecting on the hope of the promises God has made through His Word during his own lifetime. What is hope? It is FAITH. For the Christian their faith is securely built upon, developed through God's Word.

Our faith is founded on the premise that God will not allow His Word to return void that He will never betray or turn away from what He has promised. As the psalmist searches and looks for balance in and unbalanced world the first support he clings to is his hope in the Word of God. Then next he speaks of the help God has been (50).  'This brings me solace in the midst of my troubles: that Your word has revived me.' Here again is that word 'revive'. The Psalmists' balance comes after his spirits revival.
He's brought back into balance, comforted after he's secure in his relationship with God. Struggling today with balancing life's circumstances? Let the God be your help. Let God be your source of balance.

Let Us Pray: God, I know that You have created me with a purpose and plan. I know it is Your desire that I too have a life filled with joy, purpose and victory. Please help me today to fulfill the destiny You have planned for my life. I know that in order to do this, I must live a life obedient to Your Word, and a life of balance, with my priorities in the proper place and my heart focused on You. Lord, please be my balance today. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO4uRJW0mS4

No comments:

Post a Comment