Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Day 133: "The Holy Spirit Helps You In Your Weakness"

Day 133: "The Holy Spirit Helps You In Your Weakness"

Read: Romans 8:26 - 30

'26 At the same time the Spirit also helps us in our weakness, because we don’t know how to pray for what we need. But the Spirit intercedes along with our groans that cannot be expressed in words. 27 The one who searches our hearts knows what the Spirit has in mind. The Spirit intercedes for God’s people the way God wants him to.'

What a series of absolutely awesome promises we read in these two short verses. In our weakness, in the depths of our valleys or the journey of descent and ascent, the moments when we are feeling the most alone in a room full of people, when we do not have the desire or the strength of body or mind or spirit, the Holy Spirit switches on the lights in our darkest caves, starts rummaging around looking for something to become involved with. Everything goes everywhere as He becomes the hurricane in the midst of our afflictions. When we have given in to impossible expectations, titanic burdens resting on our shoulders, the Holy Spirit is right there to make all the difference to us.

Pray and Meditate on that for a while, because I'm sure you are being weighed down by something I have mentioned above today and perhaps even more than you know. Let yourself ponder these words from "Listening To God" by Bruce Bickel, and see if there is not something the Holy Spirit can do for you, your 'AHA' moment for today.

"I love it when you join the chorus of praise from my created world and the house hold of faith - but I am aware there are going to be some groans amid the singing.

Just as fury occasionally interrupts nature's harmony, trials will sometimes punctuate the joys of your life. You cannot feel "strong and courageous" all the time. At times you will be overcome by weakness.

Do not be discouraged! Not only is it normal to have feelings of inadequacy, it is beneficial. When everything is going well and you are on top of the world, your dependency on Me decreases. But when weakness and discouragement creep in, you and I get a lot closer. That is why the apostle Paul could say, "When I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:10). He knew from personal experience that when you have nothing left in the tank, I will fill it up with my Holy Spirit.

When problems and stress overwhelm you, sapping your strength, My Holy Spirit will help you - and not only in the specific challenge you are experiencing, but in every part of your life."

Let Us Pray: "Lord Jesus Christ, King of kings, you have power over life and death. You know even things that are uncertain and obscure, and our very thoughts and feelings are not hidden from you. Cleanse me from my secret faults, and I have done wrong and you saw it. You know how weak I am, both in soul and in body. Give me strength, O Lord, in my frailty and sustain me in my sufferings. Grant me a prudent judgement, dear Lord, and let me always be mindful of your blessings. Let me retain until the end your grace that has protected me till now." (St Ephrem of Syria, Deacon, Poet and Doctor)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u19kJccliYo

No comments:

Post a Comment