Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day 142: Fantastic, The Lord Delivered His People But What About Me?

Day 142: Fantastic, The Lord Delivered His People - But What About Me?

Read: Letter From Jude

We all will claim to know the story of the crossing of the Red Sea, or do we? Here is another version of that story or as Paul Harvey might say .... "the rest of the story?" It seems one day that Moses had led the children of Israel on out of Egypt - and they now had Pharaoh and his armies in hot pursuit behind them and the Red Sea in front of them. But wait a minute, friends, there is something very wrong here - they are all seemingly going to be trapped! Oh no, there can be nothing good to come from this!
So Moses now summoned Joshua and other tribal leaders together and reviewed with them their very desperate straits they were in. What to do? Anyone have any timely ideas that might actually work?

One of the engineering types suggested that it should be very possible to construct a pontoon bridge - but it was quickly noted that they didn’t have time nor material for it. All kinds of crazy ideas were suggested - however, none of them have any merit. Finally, Moses asked, “What if I were to pray to Yahweh God and ask him to send a mighty wind to sweep back the waters of the Red Sea so that the dry land would just appear from beneath the sea? Everyone scratched their collective heads, looked at each other, shrugged their shoulders and finally agreed: "It is not like anything else they could come up with was going to work." "So, go ahead Moses, lets give God a try. Let us see what God can do for us."

Then we could just cross over dry land. And then when we’re safely on the other side the wind could subside and the waters would rush back and drown the Egyptian army who would be in hot pursuit? What do you think of that idea?” At this point Moses’ publicity man jumped up enthusiastically and said “Moses Baby, if you can pull that one off—I guarantee I can get you two full pages in the Bible!” Well, as we know the Lord did deliver the people of Israel from Pharaoh and the Egyptians and he did it by parting the Red Sea. I know this scenario sounds a little bit fantastic. Of course, this Biblical record is no different than many others that God did as recorded in Scripture. The Lord delivered the people of Israel from bondage in Egypt and when given the chance, God is still in the delivery business today. 
 
He delivers people from whatever they are in bondage to or enslaved to; booze, drugs, immorality, play, pleasure, gambling, foolishness, and so very much more. But now, for me, like Jude, (3) 'Friends, I have been trying to write you about our common salvation. But these days my heart is so very troubled, and I am compelled to write to you and encourage you to continue struggling for the faith that was entrusted to the saints once and for all.' As we begin our forty day journey trying to figure out how to cross our Red Sea, lets try something fantastic - try God! Maybe, God will deliver us too. 

Let Us Pray: Father, give me the courage to follow the pathway of faith, not the path of fear, for you have not given me a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind. Father, please endue me with Your power, clothe me in Your love that casts out all fear and guide me with the mind of Christ. Oh Lord I pray to please let Your mind be in me as it is in Christ Jesus. Please strengthen me to take the path You have set before me and not the path of least resistance, because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way that leads to life, and there are few who find it. Therefore, I ask You to reveal to me Your clear direction, please speak to me that You would work in me both to will and to do Your good pleasure In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0ZBoTuwrGg
Let Your Fire Fall
www.youtube.com
Help us! Donate $1 Now: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YPQDB4FQMJ5QQ Connect with

No comments:

Post a Comment