Saturday, February 23, 2013

Day 151: Plugging Your Leaks

Day 151: Plugging Your Leaks

Read: Hebrews 1:1 - 3, 2:1 - 4

Today my readership I am feeling very excited and I pray that you might be excited too, at least about one or two things going on around you. I do not guess that there will be much excitement about the weather with the freezing rain and the ice that will inevitably cause someone to slip and fall on their pride. No! Today my excitement is to know deep within my heart that we are a people that are greatly blessed. We are living in the greatest time that man could ever hope to ask for. We are seeing the culmination of all of the prophecies of the Bible as we come down to the very end of God’s great plan for the ages. I can't help think isn’t it wonderful to know a living God, to know a loving and holy God?

Last night I watched a wonderful short video called "Who Is The God of Prophecy? by Rev. Dr. Tim LaHaye from his "Left Behind Biblical Prophecy Series". Now, for myself, I do not know much or have a particular opinion about the overall picture of fulfilled prophecy over the course of biblical history. I have not paid that much attention to it. I guess I thought it was either too complicated or their were just one too many leaks in the plumbing and I was no where close to being a master plumber. However, as a part of my wife's and mine shared Lenten experience, I agreed to watch this series with her to see where it'd help me plug a few leaks about our living and loving in the prophetic 'End Times'.

Reading these particular passages of Scripture, I was struck by these words from chapter 1: 'Long ago, at different times and in various ways, God’s voice came to our ancestors through the Hebrew prophets. 2 But in these last days, it has come to us through His Son, the One who has been given dominion over all things and through whom all worlds were made.(1 - 2)' Long ago, at various times and in various ways? I guess this is where I find most of the leaks. God's voice? One more leak for who has actually heard 'God's voice! Our ancestors through the Hebrew prophets - one more leak - man interpreting God's Voice and then putting it all accurately down on paper. All in all, just way too 'hole'y.

End time prophecy and it's fulfillment is a great mystery even to the best of Scholars today. Even as we're inclined to raise the question "Who is the God of Prophecy", the question of who God is, is the greatest mystery of all time. But yet, I sit here and I am wondering, with so many obvious and apparent holes in the study of our 'End Time's, is it the fact that there are so many holes to plug up that God uses them to try and create a 'divine sense of curiosity' within our spirits, in a well considered well thought out plan to draw us ever closer into relationship with Him, His Son and His Holy Spirit?
God knows one important truth: Where ever man's see's a leak to plug, he absolutely must do it!

Let Us Pray: According to the riches of Your glory, O Lord, strengthen me with might through Your Spirit in my inner man, That Christ may dwell (manifest His presence) in my heart through faith; root me and ground me in Your love for me, that I may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height– to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; so I can be filled with all the fullness of God (Ephesians 3:16 - 19).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ICYuiSlm6g
You Are God Alone Lyrics by VBCRealLyrics
www.youtube.com
First Video Ever! I know it's an old song but you can praise God with any song on your heart! Credit to Phillips Craig & Dean for this amazing song! Lyrics:

No comments:

Post a Comment