Friday, February 15, 2013

Day 143: "I do Believe, Lord, Please Help My Unbelief!"

Day 143: "I do Believe, Lord, Please Help My Unbelief!"

Read: Mark 9:14-29

Many are not able to achieve success and greatness in all of life's endeavors because of the several barriers before them. People talk about breakthroughs showing that there are forces and things limiting them, so they want the mighty power of God to break the limiting barriers before them. The truth is that most of the barriers are manmade. They are invisible walls that we through negative thoughts have built in our minds that limit and serve to prevent us from taking positive and powerful steps that prayerfully will one day bring success and accomplishments. Negative thoughts build barriers that limit the thinker. We can't go higher than our thoughts will permit. We must acknowledge limits.

Please carefully take the time to consider this one thing; You cannot be greater than what you think and believe you can. How easy is it for us to assign ourselves limits in our minds and extend them into our everyday lives, then just sitting back and allowing ourselves to be entirely content with it all? Life lived within the bubble of our very own comfort zone! What an incredible thought for some of us who can never seem to find it possible to live without the stress of the human condition. There are some of us in this earthly realm who do not hold to the possibility success and greatness and this thing called achievement will take their rightful place in the central core of their life where they've rightly belonged.

Who has not been there and done that at least once or twice in your life? Raise your hands if you are one of the unique ones who has never placed limits upon your own humanity! Remember, this is Lent and God expects us to be honest when He asks us. Jesus as He walked as a man among us taught us that all things are possible to him that believes that it is possible. Read carefully the Gospel passage above. Look in particular at verses 22 - 24 (summarized): the father of the afflicted child says to Jesus: 'I have run out of options; I have tried everything. But if there’s anything You can do, please, have pity on us and help us.' (I've tried everything within my limits!). 

Stop for one minute. Take a step back from this scene momentarily. Now please try to look at this father with his afflicted child in his arms looking square into the eyes of Jesus, The Son of God. Jesus: 23 What do you mean, “If there’s anything?” All things are possible, if you only believe. (If only we'll take the time believe in ourselves, first acknowledging our inabilities, then turning that around in our minds; acknowledge the boundless limits we possess, acknowledge our ability to create that endless array of boundless possibility, then set your mind body and spirit on those newly discovered boundless possibilities daring to acknowledge our God given, God driven capability to go beyond far ourselves!!!

Let Us Pray: Father (crying in desperation): "I do believe, Lord. Help me to believe more!" "Help my unbelief!" Help me to believe in myself. Help me to remove the limits I have placed upon myself that prevent me from becoming more like You that I may then stand before the all too skeptical crowds, acknowledging You in all that I do, all I say. In Jesus' name I do pray for one more miracle moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTjimzpyE4k

No comments:

Post a Comment