Thursday, February 7, 2013

Day 135: The Diary Of A Bible

Day 135: The Diary Of A Bible

Read: Psalm 119:9 - 16

I just got to wondering something after I had finished yesterday's devotion asking the question "Why Do I Need The Bible?" I was wondering about it because from time to time I enjoy the opportunity to try and 'walk in the shoes of another' to try and gain an alternative perspective, to try and obtain a wholly unique understanding of where the other person is. I do this in an effort to try and avoid the snare called judgement. I cannot always do this. However, when I am placing myself in a situation which calls for careful deep from the within heart consideration, it's only fair, prudent that I see from as many sides as possible. So, any questions of relevancy deeply matter to me. I pray they matter to you.

I got to thinking and praying about it and I spent some time trying to piece together "The Diary Of A Bible". I have never kept a diary for myself with any great long term effort - if anything only a few weeks before I lost interest and fearful that the wrong person would find it and try to embarrass me with it. But never the less, a diary is a familiar avenue many people take to jot down the events of their day, then place a few feelings to help them keep what they are going through in their lives in a proper perspective. Diaries are not necessarily shared except with a few of the most closest of friends and confidants. Since most bibles, like anyone else's diary usually are kept hidden deeply within a drawer:

If your Bible kept a dairy, would it read this like this. "The Diary of A Bible" from deep within the chest of drawers: "It has been a long time since anyone has opened the drawer and pulled me out and written in me. I wonder if anyone remembers that I am here? Let's see, the last writings I remember (has it been so long?) Hmm, It has been a long time, I almost forgot what it was like in the days when I was the center of it all. I don't see no calender in here, so I don't really know what year it was or is.
But here goes: January: A busy time for me. Most of the family decided to read me through this year. They kept me busy for a whole two weeks. Gee I'm now forgotten. Well, maybe next month is better.

February: My owner used me for a few minutes last week. He had an argument and was checking references. March: Grandpa visited us. He kept me on his lap for an hour, reading 1 Cor.13. April: I had a busy day. My owner was appointed a leader of something and used me. I got to go to church the first time this year...Easter Sunday. May: I have a few grass stains on my pages. Had some early spring flowers pressed in me. June: I look like a scrap book. They have stuffed me full of clippings. One of the girls got married. Wait one minute, there are no more entries! Page after page I turn and all I see is emptiness and dust! Well, I am not sure what I should make of it. What do any of you make of it."

Come, Let Us Pray together with and for this Diary: Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and kindle in them the fire of your love. Send forth your Spirit, and they shall be created. And You shall renew the face of the earth. Let us place a Bible in our hands and pray: O, God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that by the same Holy Spirit we may be truly wise and ever enjoy His consolations. Through Jesus Christ Our Lord. Amen, Amen and Amen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgM3nokGVqg

No comments:

Post a Comment