Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Day 147: In God We Trust? Really?

Day 147: In God We Trust? Really?

Read: Proverbs 3:5 - 6

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.” Trust? What about that word 'trust'? If I were to ask each of you individually, most of you would say without hesitation that I trust my husband, my wife, my children, my mother, my father and so on - right? RIGHT?. Yeah, I kind of thought that might be the case. You say it with your lips in front of man, but what is it - your deepest heart sense, really say about that trust of family? I can sit here and say with all honesty that I trusted my mother. But the day would be distant indeed about my Father. So how about Father God? Hm? In God, do we trust?

Do you? Well? WELL? However, if you are honest, you will have to admit that there are times when trusting will never be not so simple when another person mouths these words: "Trust In The Lord With All Your Heart." If my dad told me to do that, and by the way - he never did, because I was sure he never did - at least until he was on his death bed, I never would have because I did not trust my father with one word he said. The lack of trust? What about that? Is it not supposed to be natural? I
guess so because that way of life is often perilous and hard, with no end in sight. We cannot or do not wish to see what lies ahead, feeling helpless, alone in our struggles. And Father - nowhere to be found!

Yes, I know. This is the word of our Father God for the people of God and God wants you to trust even when you do not understand, when the future is uncertain, when you feel like you cannot go on. God says trust Him! But just the moment before it was to become the word of God, it was the word of one man - King Solomon whose Dad was King David. What about the trusting nature of this royal family relationship? A son who sees all manner of court intrigue? Sees all manner of plots and conspiracies to kill? One time after the other, watching his father run away into the wilderness, become acquainted with one more cave? "But, Dad, you always said 'trust in God? Why run? Why are you always running?"

Consider that eyeball to eyeball exchange? "Dad, you told me you were a man after God's own heart, but all I seem to see is you running away into the hills and leaving me behind? Dad, I thought you trusted God a whole lot better than that! What sort of example am I supposed to take away from that for my own children? Can you see this exchange taking place just before David kisses Solomon on the forehead, turns right around and leaving him, a child, behind to face an uncertain future? Well, friends, the reality is it did and more than once! What about Solomon's heart? Wow! Tough One! “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him"

Let Us Pray: Father God, dearest ABBA, when all is darkness and we are feeling our weakness and helplessness, give us the sense of Your presence, Your love, and Your strength. Help us to achieve a more complete and perfected trust in Your protecting love and strengthening power, so that nothing may frighten or worry us, for, by living closer to You each day, we shall see Your hand, Your purpose, Your will through all things. ABBA, Father, help us overcome worldly influences, draw us close to You.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwu4SopKlpM
Draw Me Close To You ( with lyrics )
www.youtube.com
Praise & Worship by Michael W. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment