Monday, February 4, 2013

Day 132: Why Do Some People Refuse Answer Their Door?

Day 132: Why Do Some People Refuse Answer Their Door?

Read: Revelation 3:20 - 21, Hebrews 13:1 - 2, John 20:19 - 23

Well we have finally made it to the Book of Revelation. It has been quite a journey to come to the last book of the Bible. It is a pretty significant achievement to celebrate. Please meditate about this - we have spent time together moving throughout most of the books beginning with the beginning of all things in Genesis. Now we have arrived at the last book - Revelation. Wow, for me this has been a powerful and inspirational time in my Christian experience, and I pray also for each of you as well. What a great privilege it has been to be led by the Ruach Ha'Emet - the Spirit of Truth, the T'Mim De'im, Him who knows everything. Wait a sec - there's someone knocking at my door. All of a sudden I am afraid!

What should I do now? I mean in my neighborhood someone knocking on your door is a bit of a rarity. Actually it is kind of scaring me right now. It is cold outside and my wife is looking at me wondering what my next move will be. I am looking back at her and now we are just staring at each other. Now what we think to each other. Someone at the door just keeps knocking. A salesman perhaps, some pitchman going door to door saying his company is doing work up the street? I do not know and right know I am pretty sure I just don't care. Have you ever gone to someone’s house knocked on the door, they never came to answer it? You know they are in there, but they simply refused to answer the door.

Would you stand at a persons door for that long? If you knew they were inside would you stand there and keep knocking? How long will you allow that person just stand at your door, perhaps in the dead of winter, before you set your irrational fears aside? 'Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me' (20). Along with that is this consideration are these imperative verses from Hebrews 13:1,2: 'Let love of the brethren continue. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it. What if it's really Jesus Christ out there? What if it is relationship that I fear?

It dawned on me that many relationships have been sacrificed by unanswered doors. One too many times people never get saved, or if they are saved never get anywhere for God, because they will never get up from their chairs and answer the door when God knocks. They will not try to overcome their irrational fear of the outside world to let their Savior in. They'll stay behind locked doors like the Disciples did in their Upper Room after Jesus was crucified. Maybe it was a good thing that when Jesus came to them, He did not knock but just showed up and proclaimed God's peace to everyone. As afraid as they were, as I'm right now, as you might be too, Jesus' blessings may never be allowed to enter in.

Let Us Pray: God, My God, Elohim Elohai, Maybe you can look back this week on your servant's daily life, seen where Your Son has knocked on their front door, but your servant just stayed in his chair, stared into eyes of their wives, their children, their neighbors and never answered the door. I do not know but maybe God, just maybe You wanted them to do something, learn something, get rid of something, but they never answered their door. You knew what we were doing inside, you knew of our fear of the stranger but came anyway and tried. We failed to overcome ourselves one too many times, righteous relationships with You were sacrificed for no good nor valid reason. Forgiving God, forgive us for we know not what we do and please please come again! Please, please grant us the miracle of Your Life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKgktNz6ICs
Blessings by Laura Story with Lyrics
www.youtube.com
Video copyright Youtube User ID bobf72450. Blessings sung by Laura Story from the album, Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment