Thursday, November 29, 2012

Day 65: God's True Ultimate Justice - Are We Prepared?

Day 65: God's True Ultimate Justice - Are We Prepared?

Read: Matthew 24:36 - 44

To all those who by the moving of God's Holy Spirit in their lives has been drawn to this place at this very time to read these very few words from this very much woefully prepared chief of all sinners -- I do now humbly prostrate myself before God Almighty to extend to each of you His most benevolent greetings for making it this far in life. I have been sitting here at my computer for about an hour now trying to wrap my mind and my spirit around the topic of God's True Ultimate Justice. I have been reading and trying to somehow absorb the Scripture reading for today, in particular is this verse: Jesus said: "For as the days of Noah were, so will be the coming of the Son of Man."

For me, this is a real hardcore verse that anybody reading it should give prayerful attention to. Let me remind you "For as the days of Noah were": 'The Lord saw that the wickedness of humankind was great in the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of their hearts was only evil continually. And the Lord was sorry that he had made humankind on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart. So the Lord said, ‘I will blot out from the earth the human beings I have created—people together with animals and creeping things and birds of the air, for I am very sorry that I have made them.’ Then God's Word says the floods came. So too did God's True Ultimate Justice.

Am I a 'side walk prophet' walking from corner to corner with his sign over his head saying "Repent for the end is surely near!" Do I hold any belief in the Mayan calender? No, I do not carry a sign and no I do not hold any belief in the Mayan Calender. No, I just find myself sitting here and considering just how woefully prepared I am to stand before the True Ultimate Justice of the Son Of Man when He comes. Will I or my wife be the one's who are left behind: '40 Then two will be in the field; one will be taken and one will be left. 41 Two women will be grinding meal together; one will be taken and one will be left.'? Are the Christian examples we set be enough of a preparation?

Many people find it difficult to understand and likewise communicate the message of preparing themselves for the promised moment of God's 'True Ultimate' expression of Justice. For why Jesus Christ dying an undeserved and cruel death on a cross was God's 'truest, most ultimate expression of justice' in history. God condemned all of our sins, placed them upon His sinless Son who died, forever carrying them all away. In fact until we understand two fundamental truths - the extent of God’s love and our need for forgiveness – we can not fully understand the cross, we cannot fully prepare
ourselves until we learn to fully grasp, fully understand just what Jesus accomplished, what Jesus is preparing us for.

Let Us Pray: Lord, prepare me to be a sanctuary Pure and holy, tried and true. With thanksgiving, I'll be a living Sanctuary for You. It is you, Lord Who came to save The heart and soul Of every man It is you Lord who knows my weakness Who gives me strength, With thine own hand. Lead Me on Lord From temptation Purify me From within Fill my heart with Your holy spirit Take away all my sin. - Jaci Velasquez - lyrics
from the song 'Sanctuary'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lqc75a--H8

No comments:

Post a Comment