Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day 47: "My Word Will Equip You"

Day 47: "My Word Will Equip You"

Read: 2 Timothy 3:14 - 17

Well, this morning my wife is in a battle with her sinuses so I am going to be posting this mornings devotional directly from devotional "Listening To God" by Brian Brickel. Please take a few moments out of your day to prayerfully consider and meditate upon these thoughts as God takes the time from a busy eternity to speak directly with you:

Hear God's voice as it speaks directly into your life this day:

"I have some big plans for you. Seriously, I do.

You may think I make plans just for the high profile people who preach to thousands, or for those who venture into difficult and dangerous places to share my grace and take my Good News to those who need it most. Yes, I make their plans - but I am just as interested in you, and my plans for you are just as important.

When I saved you, it wasn't only to give you a ticket to heaven. I also wanted to set you on an earthly life journey for the express purpose of carrying out my plans (Ephesians 2:10). What kind of plans? You will find out soon enough if you stay close to me and allow my Holy Spirit to speak to you.

Most importantly, you will know my plans for you as you read and study my Word. If you immerse yourself in the Scriptures, you will discover my purpose for your life, because my Word will equip you - literally, furnish you completely - to do those good things I want you to do."

My Prayer: Lord, Open our hearts and minds by the power of Your Holy Spirit, that, as the Scriptures are read and Your Word proclaimed, We may hear with joy what You say to us today. Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVFzxazTQNM&feature=fvwrel

No comments:

Post a Comment