Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day 46: God says: I AM MORE Than This World!

Day 46: God says: I AM MORE Than This World!

Read: Romans 8

I am what I am. We are what we are. I will be what I will be. You are that you are. If all that is true of the worldly 'we ourselves and us' then this morning as I ponder all of that, I wonder -- Is that all there will ever be of me, of you, of all of us? We are faced with many battles in our walk of faith in life. We can face many doubts in life. The ways of this world that we currently try to live in will put a great many doubts in our minds about how things can really be truly different and better for us and will not hesitate to use other people to do the same. When all around us seems to want to live with an attitude of "and what can we do about it?" Where is 'much more' found?

It seems to me, perhaps to you the reader as well that the wiles and ways of this world are governed by deeply malevolent malicious forces driven to drive the deepest possible wedge between the "I am What I am" of the here and now and the "Much more that I can be" resident citizen of God's Kingdom. Can you feel the malevolence? Can you sense the willful and malicious intent to keep us separated from the "more" that God knows He can make us if we were to just believe in Him and His Son Jesus? The world desires us to live as orphans. ABBA, Father God desires we freely come to the knowledge that we are all His children adopted into His heavenly household.

The forces of this world that seek to separate us from God cannot be very mature or secure in its ways if the best that it can do is to remain impossibly selfish and self centered. If you love something with an everlasting selfless love, then you cannot wait to watch it grow and mature and move on and become more that the original. The world tries to convince me that I am what I am. God says: I AM MORE - A child of God! The world tries to convince me that I am destined to live in the death of sin. God says: I AM MORE - I am Forgiven through the blood of His Son Jesus. God says: I AM Redeemed. I AM forever Blessed with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places.

Let Us Pray: Life-giving God, we gather in Your presence to offer You thanksgiving and praise for all that You have done for us. It is only through the life, death and resurrection of Your Son, Jesus Christ, we have more life because we have been set free— free from the power of sin that leads to death, free to follow the leading of Your Holy Spirit, free to love You and our neighbors with all our heart and soul and strength, free to worship you more in the beauty of your holiness. Unto You alone, ABBA God, Father of our Alpha and our Omega Jesus Christ, Father of us all belongs all praise and honor and glory and blessing, now and to the end of time. Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo56nxe3MlE

No comments:

Post a Comment