Saturday, November 17, 2012

Day 53: "The Holy Spirit Tells You What Is Coming"

Day 53: "The Holy Spirit Tells You What Is Coming"

Read: John 16:12 - 15

With the Fall Festival being first thing in the life of our church and with my wife and I manning the "Crafter's for Christ" table with any and all able bodied sound minded volunteers, this morning's devotional effort comes directly from the Devotional Book titled "Listening to God" by Bruce Bickel. Listen to what the Holy Spirit tells you is coming. Hear what the Scriptures are speaking to heart this wonderful fall morning.

"I love the Holy Spirit, and I hope you do as well. I sent the Holy Spirit to be a witness to the reality and the glory of my Son in your life. I love Him for that! The Holy Spirit also empowers you, gives you at least one spiritual gift, convinces you when you are on the right path, and convicts you when you are not. He is so versatile!

The Holy Spirit does something else you probably overlook, so I am going to remind you: the Holy Spirit speaks about what is coming. I am not talking about things in your immediate future, though He will sometimes give you warnings and confirmations. No, I am referring to the big picture of what is to come - namely, your glorious future in heaven.

The Holy Spirit is like a deposit guaranteeing that Jesus is coming back for you, to unite you with all believers of all time, for all eternity. There is nothing you can do to revoke this promise. The Holy Spirit has signed, sealed, and delivered His assurance to your heart (Ephesians 1:13-14).

Whenever you grow weary of this world, with all of its cares and troubles, remember what the Holy Spirit is telling you."

My Prayer Offering: Living God, help us so to hear your Holy Word that we may truly understand; Help us to hear what the Holy Spirit is speaking into our lives this day that, understanding, we may believe, and, believing, we may strive to follow in all faithfulness and obedience, seeking your honor and glory in all that we do; through Christ our Lord. Amen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtSKzHxVqxQ&feature=g-high-rec

No comments:

Post a Comment