Friday, November 16, 2012

Day 52: Four Dimensional Love

Day 52: Four Dimensional Love

Read: Ephesians 3:14 - 21

Have you watched any 3D movies yet? Played any wild 3D game systems with your family or your friends? You know the ones that when you play them seem to reach out to you and grab you? I have only seen them in commercials myself because the cost of them is more that I can justify. I do remember being overjoyed when Jaws 3-D came out in the theater and mom, just as excited as we were, brought us those weird cardboard glasses for watching it. 3D films have existed in some form since 1915, but had been largely relegated to a small niche in the motion picture industry because of the very high cost of equipment required to produce and display a 3D film.

I guess that the reason I find myself so focused on 3D stuff this morning is the near proximity of 'Black Friday' and the incredible wave of store advertisements that have appeared earlier than I remember from last year. Everyone trying to beat the other guy in offering the greatest early sales on all kinds of technologically advanced stuff. It just boggles my mind I guess to see all this stuff which spent most of its time far outside my ability to pay for it, suddenly become the source of 'affordable temptation'.
I am not a very techno sort of person and neither is my wife. It takes me a very long time for to make the effort to just keep up and update myself into the 21st century.

So, this morning I find myself drawn by the Holy Spirit to these verses: '18 I pray that you may have the power to comprehend, with all the saints, what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.' Please let me spell it out for you: Hear it is: There is someone out there praying 'that you may have the power to comprehend, with all the saints' the 4 (four) D(Dimensional) love of Father God, His Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. Where is the sales sheet for selling that powerful brand of love? It is not sold anywhere. It is God's grace freely given to all.

The power to comprehend: A group of four-through eight -year - old's were asked: “What does love mean?” Their answers vary from the amusing to the profound. Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your McDonald's French fries without making them give you theirs. Love is when your puppy still licks you face after being left alone all day. So, God's Four Dimensional Love? Paul’s prayer that we read this morning reveals to us the wellspring from which the power and the glory of God bear hugs us like our own skin, rises up, raises us up, in our midst. “God loves you.” "Jesus loves you." "The Holy Spirit loves you." The fourth dimension: "I love you too."

Let Us Pray; In the name of Father, Son and Holy Spirit Let me be loved, let me be happy, let me be peaceful, let me be a vessel from which others may drink of Your love. Let my family be happy, loved, and peaceful. Let them be vessels from which others may drink of Your great love. Let my friends be happy, loved, and peaceful. Let them be vessels from which others may drink of Your great love. Let those who are my perceived enemies be happy, loved, and peaceful. Let them be vessels from which others may drink of Your great love. Let all CREATED beings be happy, loved, and peaceful. Let all CREATED things be vessels from which others may drink of Your great love. By Your infinite and matchless gift of grace, I pray for the time when the whole world will experience the length, breadth, depth and height of all these things.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt5e8_jN5vA


No comments:

Post a Comment