Sunday, November 25, 2012

Day 61: God: "My Word Gives You Joy"

Day 61: God: "My Word Gives You Joy"

Read: Nehemiah 8:9 - 12

This morning is a short one for me and the wife with her being the Lay Reader for our 8am service. So the devotional offering is from the devotional book "Listening To God" by Bruce Bickel.

So, please take a while, consider these God Words of inspiration and faith building.

"Whenever you read my Word, you should have one of three responses:

One is Intellectual. This comes when you use your mind, seeking to understand the meaning of what I have said. The Intellectual response takes study and diligence on your part and a willingness to hear skillful teachers who know how to explain the scriptures.

Another response is Volitional, which comes from when you decide with your will to do what my Word says. (The worst thing you can do is to hear my Word and never do it - see James 1:22.) The third response is Emotional, when you feel the joy of interacting with my Word.

If you're not enjoying my Word, perhaps you don't understand it - or maybe you know what you should do, but you aren't doing it. My Word will give you joy when you engage with it with every part of your being - your mind, your will, and your heart."

Let Us Pray: Prepare our hearts, O God, to accept you Word. Silence in us any voices but your own, so that we may hear your Word and also do it; through Christ our Lord. Amen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9Yasgzjc0w&feature=relmfu
Matthew West - My Own Little World (Official Music Video)
www.youtube.com
Music video by Matthew West performing My Own Little World. (P) (C) 2010 Sparrow Records. All

No comments:

Post a Comment