Sunday, November 4, 2012

Day 40: My Word Will Teach You ..... God

Day 40: My Word Will Teach You ..... God

Read: 2 Timothy 3:14 - 16

What does God want from me? Why do I struggle to know and/or understand God's will for me? What are God's shot or long range goals and/or plans for me? Why does it even matter that I know what God has in store for me and the rest of my life? Why? Because it would be awful nice to know that I am doing the right things, going to the right places, following the right paths in life, precisely doing what it is important and vital, what matters the most to God that He knows and I know I can confidently do. I desire so very much to do all that is within my mortal ability that which is pleasing in His sight. When I'm confronted by 'yes' and 'no' questions - What's the right answer?

So many times I am faced with both simple and complex dilemmas but I simply have no way of knowing what is the right thing to do. Sometimes these dilemmas show up all at once and that complicates matters more than I believe any single person can manage effectively without leaving a wide and twisted trail of chaos behind. I want so very much to make the very best, most considered decisions I can for the benefit of my God and my family. Are there any readers out there that can give me a great big Amen on this one? The challenge for any one of us is that in this constantly changing kingdom we are living in, we are struggling too mightily to find our share of stability.

The Good News is that God's Word is very much alive and very active and forever available. Somewhere contained within that book we call the Bible is every possible dilemma or decision we will ever be confronted by in our lifetimes. Believe it when God says that there is absolutely nothing that we can ever get involved or mixed up in up to our own eyeballs that He has not foreseen and provided the ready made solution to. God has planned and prepared for us every possible eventuality in life, given every answer to every 'yes' or 'no' question - even one's we do not know or realize even exist yet. It is God's Word. It is His vast accumulation of His most Ancient wisdom that resolves the un-resolvables.

It may be in the form of a story, a parable, a Psalm, a love letter, historical event or something else that will strike directly at your struggling heart and provide you with a measure of sound wisdom from God's vast storehouse of knowledge. Other books are written to give us specific information on an impossibly vast array of very specific life situations and provide checklists for feeling like you have achieved some measure of success. However, that is not how the Bible works. God's living Word is a guidebook for living day to day. God's guide to living, written to transform us from 'self centered, I try to think and reason too much' people into people who strive to live for One God.

Let us pray: Lord, I don't really mind how or when you choose to do it, but please, please, please, take me out of the equation that has become my own worst efforts at living my own life according to my own remarkably limited wits. Place before me the guidebook of true life, place before me and within my heart, the greater desire to learn from You. Place within my spirit the ancient truths to living my life only for You.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU9Pi4g_3No
Christ For The Nations Worship - Take My Life and Let It Be
www.youtube.com
This classic song was recorded on the album "Overtaken" at the Christ For The Nations Worship annual Live Recording in Dallas, TX. If you would
Christ For The Nations Worship - Take My Life and Let It Be
www.youtube.com
This classic song was recorded on the album "Overtaken" at the Christ For The Nations Worship

No comments:

Post a Comment