Sunday, October 28, 2012

Day 33: Please Read The Instruction Manual!

Day 33: Please Read The Instruction Manual!
Read: 2 Timothy 3:14 - 16

It is just like me to buy something that needs to be put together, get it home, unpack it and then have at it and try to put it together. Part A goes here I am sure of it. Part B obviously fits in this spot. Part C looks like a sure fit over there. Part D just has to fit at the exact point where parts A B C all came together so nicely. Except now for the part or parts that always somehow seem to be left over. What did I skip now? It does not make much sense. It all went together so nicely. I did a wonderful bang up job putting it together.... didn't I? Then, like the fool I tend to be when I try to figure stuff out, I see them. Thrown under all the plastic wrappings are the One and Only Instructions revealed to my eyes.

Just like anybody else who foolishly figures they have things figured out before they get started, who get too impatient or too smart for their own good - there it is - the Instruction manual, the 'how - to - this - the - right - way - the - first - time book.' When we get a new gadget, we want to try it out immediately. Usually there will be no harm done in our precipitous rush to get on top of the matter and get er done. We can do this because we can learn all the basics through trial and error and no small amount of frustration. However, skipping the most basic of instructions to get us started is a bad idea at best and disaster at worst. We want full potential now!

The same thing goes for the World's greatest Instruction Manual, which happens to be God's own Living Word revealed - the Bible. God wrote this Book with us in mind. God's revealed and living Word gives us everything we are ever going to need to optimize our lives. I shutter to think if we tried to live our own lives without reading God's life fully revealed through the Words of Holy Scripture. God's message for us is simply this: Do not make the mistake of living our lives through trial and error. Please make the effort to immerse yourself in the lessons already learned by those who've gone before you. Study it's people, memorize favorite verses, live life to the fullest.

Let us Pray: Lord, please don't let me try to do this thing called my life by myself. I ask that You give me a heart for Your Living Word revealed through lives of those who have gone before, from their hard fought, hard learned, hard lived lessons. I ask that You please plant within me the desire to experience the life and love of Your Son Jesus the Christ as He walked the path to Calvary and willingly died that I may live to the best of my ability in Your will, within His righteousness and nothing of my own accord.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BqyC-NjM5w
Remind Me Of Who I Am by Jason Gray -Lyrics
www.youtube.com
Video © User ID bobf72450 Remind Me Who I Am sung by Jason Gray from the album, Remind Me Of Who I Am. Cover.
Remind Me Of Who I Am by Jason Gray -Lyrics
www.youtube.com
Video © User ID bobf72450 Remind Me Who I Am sung by Jason Gray from the album, Remind Me Of

No comments:

Post a Comment