Saturday, October 20, 2012

Day 25: Trusting God: Walking Through Unknown Doors.

Day 25: Trusting God: Walking Through Unknown Doors.

Read: Acts 16:6 - 12

Someone once tried to explain to me the correct use of a door. It seemed to be a very unique and special kind of silly to me but I chose to indulge him anyway. He said that the first thing I must do is to look everywhere for it. Okay, I knew that. Find the ways in and find the ways out - pretty obvious. Then when I found these most useful of entry ways and exits I then needed to know just the right moments to actually use them. Okay, now this is getting interesting. Knowing the right moments to use them seems rather obvious too. Next he told me that I needed to know which door was the correct door to use when I knew I needed to use it. Because I could enter the closet.

Now, It my guess that in my own home I am going to know where each of my doors lead. Although admittedly I do miss the mark and try to enter the door leading to the opposite direction I want to go. Now from time to time I enter someone else's home. It seems now there is sometimes a failure of recognition on my part to identify which doors are the one's that lead to opportunity and which one's lead into the hall closet. I am not so familiar with the doors in the stranger's house and now I am feeling a growing sense of anxiety. I want to respect their homes by not entering and closing all the wrong doors trying to find the bathroom for example or to a business office.

It seems doors of opportunity open and close before us in life. Is it God opening and closing these doors? For a few years I’ve heard my wife saying, “When God shuts one door, He opens another!” It sounds similar to a famous quote by Alexander Graham Bell, the inventor of the telephone. He said: “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” In this time when many are losing their jobs, their homes and their 401Ks let us learn why God uses closed doors to open others. Sometimes our disappointments in life can become God’s appointments.

The things we think of as failures and problems can often end up being blessings in disguise. The best example of open and closed doors is found in Acts 16:6-12. Paul and his friends launched their second missionary journey from Antioch. Along the way, they encountered some closed doors and then an open door. Paul wanted to go through one door, but the Holy Spirit stopped him from entering. He tried another door, again he was turned back. Paul walked toward a third door and found the Holy Spirit welcoming him to walk through. The Holy Spirit opens the right doors at the right time and closes the wrong ones in the same way. Trust the door marked "God."

Let us Pray: Lord all I ask is that you show me the right doors to enter and which to close. There are too many choices to make, too many doors to try that lead to no where I want to be. Lord, I know that there is a doorway that leads to you and this is the door I want desperately to enter because there is the place where Jesus is found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtHs47vjGjw
Show Me Your Glory - Kim Walker, Jesus Culture
www.youtube.com
Show Me Your Glory by Jesus Culture..Video by me This song is so anointed.. I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE it! I

No comments:

Post a Comment