Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Day 22: The Relevance Of Encouragement

Day 22: The Relevance Of Encouragement.

Read: Hebrews 10:19 - 25

"Be of good cheer". "There is strength in numbers." "It is never good to be alone for too long." "Together, we may accomplish more than we could by being alone." "We are in this together, or we are not in it all!" "Through thick or thin, We will always be here for you!" "Let us stand shoulder to shoulder and together we will try and work things through." "Please let us help you." "What can we all do for you?" "We are all family and in this together!" "We have been friends for just too long, What's up?" "We've been through too much together, you and I, so what do you need from me?"

Can you sense a pattern here? Friendship - yes, very much so. Camaraderie? Yes that is very true as well. Shared and Mutual support - yes I suppose that is true too. Bold, risky relationship building where angels might otherwise fear to tread? Oh that is absolutely positively true to the core of who we are as deeply caring human beings. These are all very much essential and relevant to who we strive hard to be for one another when something is "not kosher in someone's else's kitchen." While the joy of the Lord truly sustains and strengthens us, there are times when we all find ourselves in need, and here is the message I am trying to convey to you .... it's encouragement.

It's not always easy to walk by faith in difficult times. It's not always easy to obey God as we know we should. It's not always easy to live according to God’s Will for our lives. Sometimes we need a help... a little motivation to do what we know is right, to stand up for what we believe, and to spread His Word throughout the whole world. We each need to be encouraged. Encouragement is awesome. It can actually change the course of another person's day, week, or life. You will find, if you think for a moment, that the people who influence you are the people who believe in you the most, who have intentionally sacrificed the time from their lives to build you up.

One of the most beautiful gifts in the world is the gift of encouragement. When someone encourages you, that person deliberately helps you over a threshold you might otherwise never have been bold enough or dared yourself to cross on your own. In fact, Hebrews commands us to “encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today” (3:13-14). The word “encourage” is in the present tense. It indicates a habit or a way of life. It means we don’t wait for others to encourage us. But we take the initiative. We must encourage even if others could not, even if others would not.

Let us Pray: Ever merciful Father I come boldly before Your throne of grace. Your word says that You give strength to the discouraged, so I humbly ask that You would strengthen me Lord, for I am having a very tough time of it. Bless me Lord with Your presence, that my heart might be encouraged. Help me remember Your faithfulness and Your love that I might stand in faith with Jesus against the issues that face me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6CAr64S3Vk
Kutless- Smile
www.youtube.com
one of my favorite songs by Kutless lyrics: On a plane somewhere again I take my place in line Just like every other time I slide into my window seat

No comments:

Post a Comment