Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Day 295: Sing A Song Of Love, Of Love Like The Rose Of Sharon

Day 295: Sing A Song Of Love, Of Love Like The Rose Of Sharon

Read: Song Of Solomon Chapter 2

Throughout much of the day yesterday, I found myself looking at my wife. I do not know if she was cognizant of my incessant gaze in her direction. I tried not to be to obvious. I am not sure it worked as she did frequently smile at me when our eyes did meet. After writing the devotional yesterday, I found myself thinking more and more about how much I so absolutely love her. God gave her to me. All I could think about was how truly blessed and privileged I am to be her husband. I smile inwardly at the thought that God put the two of us together at this moment in our lives, that we both would be the answer to each of the others prayer. I could sing of God's love forever!

Well, I got sentimental and went looking through the Bible for something that equally matched what my heart was feeling. I looked to and fro through the Psalms but I was not finding what my heart was truly feeling deep down. Then I came across the Song Of Solomon, in particular 2:4 "He has brought me to his banquet hall, and his banner over me is Love." I have never really spent any significant time in Song Of Solomon because quite frankly I was not quite sure how to interpret its writing, its relevance for my Christian walk. But at the moment I was looking through so many passages of the Bible, I came across these words; "His banner over me is Love." and I just cried.

I looked back at the first verse: "I am the rose of Sharon, the lily of the valleys." I put the verses in between together and I felt high and so completely lifted up by the absolute eloquence of Solomon's poetic words. A thousand years before Christ came, this young Solomon sang a verse we have come to think of as applied to Christ. Though Solomon spoke of romantic love and of the delights of human beauty, we know that he saw beyond that when he sang, "I am the rose of Sharon, the lily of the valley." The rose is truly the loveliest of all the flowers that bloom, and the plain of Sharon is a fertile land, where flowers grow in abundance. I just fell head over heels, madly in love all over again!

What an overwhelming feeling it is, to fall head over heels madly in love with my one true Savior Jesus Christ. What an overwhelming feeling I experienced when I looked at my wife first thing upon rising from our marital bed, saw the absolute beauty of my Savior in her eyes. Now I know why God gave her to me - that I would see the truest beauty of my Jesus in her every expression and frazzled hair. For us to say that Jesus Christ is the rose of Sharon is to say that we see in Him matchless beauty, wonderful grace, a face truly like no other face, yet a face with the dignity of all men’s’ faces. I see the face of my Jesus. We, my wife Sharon and I long for His presence in an intimate way.

*In a Jewish wedding ceremony, the Bridegroom places a gold ring on the finger of his beloved and recites, "Behold, you are sanctified, set apart, to me with this ring, according to the Law of Moses and of Israel." Yeshua is our Bridegroom. He rejoices over us, cherishes us like no other, He loves us, and has set us apart for Himself.*

Let Us Pray: Yeshua Hatan, Jesus our Bridegroom, You wait patiently for us who are Your Bride. You wait for us in Your Holy Sanctuary, just to place a golden ring on our finger, a golden ring to set us apart from our earthly bounds and into Your Kingdom not made with human hands, but shaped by Your great and boundless Love for us. Lord, we are coming, sustain us with raisin cakes, refresh us with apples because we are lovesick for You. Bring us to Your Banquet hall, to gaze upon Your banner of Love.

Hope Is Like A Harebell Trembling From Its Birth

Hope is like a harebell trembling from its birth,
Love is like a rose the joy of all the earth;
Faith is like a lily lifted high and white,
Love is like a lovely rose the world's delight;
Harebells and sweet lilies show a thornless growth,
But the rose with all its thorns excels them both.

© Christina Georgina Rossetti (5 December 1830 – 29 December 1894) All rights reserved

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmQ5Q7YGtiI
The Rose Of Sharon- Clinging To A Saving Hand
www.youtube.com
Great song. Visit Us At 2112 English RD. High Point, North Carolina ALSO!!!!!!!! Visit Pastor Roger's
The Rose Of Sharon- Clinging To A Saving Hand
www.youtube.com
Great song. Visit Us At 2112 English RD. High Point, North Carolina ALSO!!!!!!!! Visit Pastor Roger's

No comments:

Post a Comment