Monday, July 15, 2013

Day 288: Hello Friends! Today I Will Be Limiting God!

Day 288: Hello Friends! Today I Will Be Limiting Almighty God!

Read: Genesis 32:24 - 32

Jacob wrestled with God! God wrestled with Jacob right back! The final result of this incredibly mismatched main event biblical moment? Jacob wrestled God to a standstill. It started late at night, continued straight on through the night till the rise of the morning sun. I see Jacob still standing toe to toe, move for move, counter move for counter move. I can only guess the very complete amazement on the faces of all the hosts of heaven who gathered around from all the points of the universal creation to witness this unbelievable one of a kind encounter. I do not guess they had ever seen the like of it and would not expect they would see the likes of it again. Jacob, this simple man, prevailed over God!

The Bible does not mention what instigated such an encounter. It only mentions that Jacob would not let go of God except under the circumstance that he receives God's blessings. What an incredible blessing Jacob must have been expecting for the match went all night and still Jacob was so completely hardcore determined that if nothing else happened for the rest of his life, he, Jacob, was going to receive that 1 blessing! Let me ask all you readers out there this question. If you were Jacob right now, what is it that your blessing would be? Toe to toe with God, all night long, and for, what? It is kind of like God is giving you this once in a lifetime moment to fill in a blank check.

There are a great number of things that Almighty God would like, nay would love, to do for us; however, sometimes we hinder Him by failing to place ourselves in a position to receive those things - we limit Almighty God! The wise and benevolent purposes of Almighty God are often frustrated. There are a great number of things that Almighty God would do for mankind, both male and female, if He was only allowed to do so! I can just hear all you readers scratching your collective heads, wondering with your soon to be bald heads: "How does an individual limit Almighty God?" I am so very glad you asked. Well, for one thing, our  own so very inconsistent Christian living handicaps and limits Almighty God! How often did they, okay we, rebel against Him in the wilderness?

Yes, my brothers and sisters, inconsistent Christian living will always handicap, will limit Almighty God! Hanging your heads? Yeah, me too. Forever guilty as charged. I would also add a lack of faith to this soon to be burgeoning list. Jesus, the Christ, how upon returning to His hometown of Nazareth, was rejected by His own town folks and, also, how many times did Jesus use this not so very subtle phrase: 'Oh you faithless generation, how much longer must I put up with you?' Remember the Father with his ailing son (Mark 9:19 - 24) who said "I do believe, help my unbelief!?" Or: "Lord, help me to overcome the limits I place upon my readiness for completely believing in You."

Let Us Pray: I pray that on this day you will ponder for yourselves, with your family, your friends and with your co - workers, the imponderables of Psalm 8 in its entirety. I encourage each of you to ponder each verse individually, consecutively and, finally together as a whole. Create for yourselves an ever growing encounter with the Living God. Seek to live within the experience that which Jacob experienced that night with God! Do not under any circumstance seek to limit yourselves! Strive with God and prevail!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuJWQzjfU3o
Matthew West - Hello, My Name Is (Lyrics)
www.youtube.com
Music video by Matthew West performing Hello, My Name Is (Lyrics). (P) (C) 2013 Sparrow Records. All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction is a
Matthew West - Hello, My Name Is (Lyrics)
www.youtube.com
Music video by Matthew West performing Hello, My Name Is (Lyrics). (P) (C) 2013 Sparrow Records. All

No comments:

Post a Comment