Friday, July 5, 2013

Day 278: Good Days, Bad Days And The Sharing Thereof

Day 278: Good Days, Bad Days And The Sharing Thereof

Read: 1 Peter 3:8 - 12

There is a common ground that each and everyone of us shares. A common ground that absolutely no one escapes from no matter how well, good and perfect everything seems to be. Common ground? What am I talking about? How can we all who are so uniquely "one of a kind" created in the image of God have the same common ground? Well, think about it for a few moments! Careful now, please do not over think this one because the answer is relatively simple, probably overlooked because of its obvious 'duh' answer. It is not that I have given it away in the title of the devotion, although I really have. We'll all have good days! We'll all have bad days! What will we do now?

In all of time and all of space, in all of humanity, of all the things that we all share it just had to be this one thing - sometimes we have good days. But the opposite is also equally true - sometimes we'll have bad days. And what do we all just love to do with our common good and common bad - we share them! We cannot contain ourselves. It is irresistible, the truest form of temptation there is for many. Sharing is good. Sharing is so wonderful. Sharing is to be, well, highly encouraged in all men, women and children. Yes, I smile at this one because my parents hammered me with this one admirable, wholly endearing quality to humanity. I do take great joy in sharing! How about you?

Yes, this is taking on a bit of a sarcastic tone. It is meant to. I guess you know where this is going too. Blessings that are clearly for the common good of all mankind are so meant to be shared. The goodness of GOD is always and, well, forever meant to be shared, there are lives to be transformed. One good day blessed by God is to be transferred through any available means into any available person within reach of His Word. I do not have a clue as to how your day is going or why. It very well could be the same as mine. Good day or bad day, we are all sharing the same day. But, now, it is onto those bad days we all have in common. How we just love to share them too!

In this world, bad feelings tend to transfer too. If you are like me, you have also been guilty of kicking the proverbial cat. I think its human nature that when things go from bad to worse to want someone to share in the experience with us. If someone else needs to feel bad in the process so be it. So we each share in 'kicking the family cat'. When we hear or listen to words of sarcasm being shared, when we share in those moments of retaliation and lash out with word or deed, share our curses rather than our blessings, intentional or not, something else gets shared that can never be good. There is a common ground that we all share that we should all stand on - God's Love!

Let Us Pray: Lord of All Creation, Lord of All Eternity, Lord of All of our days and All of our lives, what is one day to You? What are ten thousand years to us? What should ten thousand years be to us that we should be so overwhelmed by the quality of one earthly day? Good days? Bad days? Do You, O Lord, have good days and bad days? I wish I knew so we could share them with each other. I know deep in my heart that You have so much to share with me to help me get through mine. Maybe there is a way I can help You get through Yours too. I am saddened that I spend too much time grieving You with my junk. Accept my apologies dear Lord. I cannot promise I wont continue to grieve You when I yield to my bad days and share of them as I know I should not and fail to share of my good days blessed by You as I know I should be. I can only ask that You have patience with me and transform me from the inside out! Help me to grieve You and my neighbor much less than I do now sharing You more!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmtBYmHDeAA
Amy Grant - Better Than A Hallelujah (Lyrics on screen)
www.youtube.com
From the album "Somewhere down the road" by Amy Grant. Better than a hallelujah is a powerful

No comments:

Post a Comment