Saturday, July 13, 2013

Day 286: Implicit Trust

Day 286: Implicit Trust

Read: Jeremiah 39:18 (11 - 18)

Sometimes during trials, we focus so intently on our experience that we forget to focus on God. The Psalmist writes to u s (Psalm 71:5 - 6) 'For You are my hope; O Lord God, You are my confidence from my youth. By You I have been sustained from my birth; You are He who took me from my mother’s womb; My praise is continually of You. The Psalmist did not forget to focus on God. Over and over again in this Psalm he calls to mind the awesome character and attributes of God: His Glory, His power and strength, and His steadfast faithfulness. The one thing that we must never lose sight of in the midst of our own suffering is the righteousness and goodness of God.

It is because of God's inherent goodness that we are able to implicitly trust Him in all things. When we are in the middle of trials, everyone will have and freely give you an opinion or or a suggestion or a remedy - and if they are from people you trust, you should consider them. But after all is said and done, there is only one thing that you can implicitly put your trust in, and that is in the character of God. I would love to say that I trust him implicitly (unquestioningly or unreserved; absolute, so fully complete,  so fully obedient; so fully confident) but I cannot. I am after all fully human and fully sinful. 'Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.'

Prayerfully consider well these words From The Reverend Charles Haddon Spurgeon:

'For I will surely deliver thee, and thou shalt not fall by the sword, but thy life shall be for a prey unto thee: because thou hast put thy trust in me, saith the Lord.' (Jeremiah 39:18)

"Behold the protecting power of trust in God. The great men of Jerusalem fell by the sword, but poor Ebed-melech was secure, for his confidence was in Jehovah. Where else should a man trust but in his Maker? We are foolish when we prefer the creature to the Creator. Oh, that we could in all things live by faith, then should we be delivered in all time of danger! No one ever did trust in the Lord in vain, and no one ever shall.

The Lord saith, "I will surely deliver thee," Mark the divine "surely." Whatever else may be uncertain, God's care of believers is sure. God Himself is the guardian of the gracious, Under His sacred wing there is safety even when every danger is abroad. Can we accept this promise as sure? Then in our present emergency we shall find that it stands fast. We hope to be delivered because we have friends, or because we are prudent, or because we can see hopeful signs; but none of these things are one -half so good as God's simple "because thou hast put thy trust in me." Dear reader, try this way, and, trying it, you will keep to it all your life. It is as sweet as it is sure."

Let Us Pray:

O Christ Jesus,
when all is darkness
and we feel our weakness and helplessness,
give us the sense of Your presence,
Your love, and Your strength.
Help us to have perfect trust
in Your protecting love
and strengthening power,
so that nothing may frighten or worry us,
for, living close to You,
we shall see Your hand,
Your purpose, Your will through all things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZx7JIs7Bh4
I Will Trust - Elevation Worship - Lyrics - Nothing Is Wasted Album 2013
www.youtube.com
I Will Trust - Worship Song from Elevation Worship - Lyrics - Nothing Is Wasted Album 2013. Playlist with more songs from this album -

No comments:

Post a Comment