Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Day 283: I Wanna Live, Pray Like There Is No Tomorrow

Day 283: I Wanna Live, Pray Like There Is No Tomorrow

Read: 1 Peter 4:7 - 11, Psalm 121

One of my all time favorite song verses reads: "When Christ shall come with shouts of acclamation and take me home, what joy shall fill my heart. Then I shall bow in humble adoration, and there proclaim, my God, How great thou art! Then sings my soul, my Savior God to thee ..." I am always getting choked up whenever I hear it or whenever I sing it to myself or in church. What an absolutely, incomprehensibly deep expression of hope for my life which is so consistently and pathetically mired in the very bowels of my sin. What a complete mess we make of our lives apart from God! So when I hear that Christ shall actually come for me, I wanna live like no tomorrow!

I do not know when Christ shall come for me. I do not know when Christ shall return to claim that which is rightly His. Who does? But I do know that a day is coming when every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, There shall be no exceptions! Both the righteous and the unrighteous will one day unmistakably recognize Jesus as the Only Way, the Only Truth, the Only Life. It is a measure of the kind of faith, hope and love I have and hold on to deep within my heart. Even if there is no one else left on earth who would believe me, in the face of the very harshest criticism, my life, my testimony give me an unshakeable belief Christ is coming back!

Yes! Yes! Yes! I want to live in that hope like tomorrow will never come again, I pray that everyone who professes a belief in Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior will want to join me from where ever they call home, in wanting to live like there are absolutely no tomorrows. V7. 'The end of all things is near; therefore, be of sound judgment and sober spirit for the purpose of prayer. 8 Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins.' God speaks through Peter to be of sound judgment, and sober spirit for the purpose of prayer. In other words everything is about to be wrapped up in a bow so stay wide awake in prayer!

Why is it that we get busy with to many distractions that we forget what matters and fall asleep in our spiritual lives? When we fall sleep spiritually, we forget how many people around us are likewise lost in their sin. When we enter a spiritually comatose state, then what? When we continually hit that spiritual 'snooze' button, then what? When was the last time you thought or talked about spending eternity with our God? Many questions for us to ponder and pray over. What I am completely sure of and I really pray you are too, is that when we stop being out there in the world, when we stop living, praying like tomorrow will never come, Christ will hear only our shouts of greatest acclamation and their greatest shouts of silence!

Let Us Pray: Today, contemplate, meditate upon and sing Psalm 121, the "Song Of God's Eternal Vigilance". Make it your very own song for today. Try doing it with a heart and spirit set on the beliefs that "If I only had today left to me, If I believed that tomorrow would never come, If I believe in my heart that Christ will return for me, If I believed that there is absolutely nothing that's more special, more meaningful than loving someone like Christ first loved me, I am loving and living on borrowed time ..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUnrcGicJs8
Good to be alive - Jason Gray (Lyrics)
www.youtube.com
Every day we live is a priceless gift from God :) I do not own this song, no copyright infringement intended. Artist/Band: Jason Gray Lyrics: Hold on
Good to be alive - Jason Gray (Lyrics)
www.youtube.com
Every day we live is a priceless gift from God :) I do not own this song, no copyright infringement intended. Artist/Band: Jason Gray Lyrics: Hold on

No comments:

Post a Comment