Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Day 276: Our True Inner Strength And Deepest Beauty

Day 276: Our True Inner Strength And Deepest Beauty

Read: 1 Peter 3:3 - 6

Real beauty comes from the heart - Amen? Real beauty does not come from what we believe or judge that we're seeing on the outside of a person. It is inner strength and beauty that is meant to define who we should be in the eyes of our fellow man. We are the apples of God's eye. In God's eye, we are the most beautiful creations He has ever made. Each one of us, individually - We are beautiful. Nearly everyone wants to be beautiful no matter what age they may be. It does not matter if we are single or married. Everyone that is worth being called an apple in the eyes of God is worthy of being affirmed as beautiful. I pray today that you will tell someone they are beautiful.

'Your adornment must not be merely external—braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses; but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God.' I would pray that you take some time to drink in these powerful words of holy truth. Peter's words were spoken of wives who were not being cared for and loved by their husbands like they should. Husbands please take note of these words. How is it with you and your wife and wives, how is it with you and your husband? Is this verse one that is, could, would or should be speaking or shouting to both of your hearts today?

Can you both see the inner strength and beauty of the other? Are you looking for it? Is it a case of "I have seen the same face day after day and I don't see anything that is different today than yesterday?" Or when you look upon each other is it this: 'The Lord’s loving kindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassion's never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. (Lamentations 3:22-23)'? Are you seeing each other not with eyes that solely focus on mere facial appearances, same physical qualities and characteristics that both of you have long grown accustomed? Take some time, share where both of your mutual admiration societies are right now.

To his beloved friends who were scattered throughout the Roman Empire, Peter calls for a new kind of strength. A Godly strength. An inner disposition of kindness and of grace. He, Peter, wants us to be like our Lord Jesus Christ. For the women he says: Cultivate an inner beauty, the gentle, the gracious kind that God delights in. The holy women of old were beautiful before God that way, and they were good, loyal wives to their husbands. Sarah, for instance, taking care of Abraham, would address him as 'my dear husband.' You will be true daughters of Sarah if you'll work to do the same. Real beauty comes from a heart that is adorned by the beauty of God at home in us.

Let Us Pray: I open my heart to You, dear God, and let Your strength and peace fill my whole being. In Your presence, I am peaceful, poised, confident and strong. I am relaxed in Your loving care, dear God, and release all my cares to You, knowing that You are upholding me and sustaining me in all that I do. As I work to keep my heart and mind centered in You, God, I feel a growing confidence of Your peace infusing my entire being and keeping me serene and secure. To You, beloved God, I release all sense of turmoil. In the comfort of Your presence, I am strong, content and peaceful. God, Your presence calms me, quiets the storms around me, and leads me to a place of perfect peace and renewed strength. As I center myself in Your peaceful presence,
I let go of weaknesses, every concern, growing stronger in the safety of Your love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FULXLzn4Gl0
Love of My Life - The Wedding Song
www.youtube.com
DOWNLOAD THIS SONG at DarlaDay.net: http://www.DarlaDay.net/Wedding_Song/WeddingSong-Main.html The Perfect Wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment