Friday, July 19, 2013

Day 292: Okay God, I Guess You Can Take It From Here Now!

Day 292: Okay God, I Guess You Can Take It From Here Now!

Read: Deuteronomy 33

Friends, I encourage you to look closely at Deuteronomy 33. It is a wonderful piece of Hebrew poetry in which Moses addresses each one of the twelve tribes of Israel and gives each one a particular blessing, a blessing to sustain them as they sought to experience the great benefits and bounty of the promised Land. After devoting a separate stanza to each of the tribes he eloquently concludes with a summary of the entire faith and hope of Israel concentrated and encapsulated in a few short words. From 24 - 29 we have words that are not only beautiful, but also words of real brevity and simplicity summing up the wholeness experienced by Moses himself from his own intimate relationship with God.

Within that also is that help that he would pass on in his final blessing to the people. We all have last wills and final testaments, and this passage is Moses’ final leave - taking, his last will and testament, his final blessing on the twelve tribes of Israel as the leader of the people. Truly, what a testament it is for us to take great joy, draw great inspiration from for our own life's journey with God who is our Father Creator, His Son Jesus Christ who is the greatest expression of love anyone can ever know in just one lifetime and the Holy Spirit, who ministers to us, who comforts us, intercedes for us, who constantly reminds us of our absolute worthiness and value in the eternal schemes of God's plans for each of us.

God as our Refuge! Listen, listen well I pray you to the testimony of this great man of God: The eternal God is your refuge ... The word "refuge" here normally refers to the den or lair of a wild animal of the desert, for that animal it is a place of protection: It is protection from the heat of the sun; protection from the sudden flash floods of the desert; protection from the constant dangers of other predators. It was a haven. It is what we would call a home. For many years Moses was homeless. He was out in the desert trying hard to bring a multitude of people safely through to the land of Canaan. That desert was no picnic; searing heat in the day time; and its freezing cold at night.

Now, where could Moses find a home in the desert? But not just for Moses himself, but for the multitude of the twelve tribes as well! Well, he didn’t just find a place, he found a Person. A Person who was everything to him that we would describe as our home today being to us. Jehovah, the God of Israel, was his home. Moses is saying that God was his and his people's dwelling place, his home, his protection, his haven, his refuge. But not just for theirs or our wanderings through the wilderness, but for all eternity! Now, how was this true? For the Israelites it was a line of clouds by day and a pillar of fire by night. Today, it is the life, the death, the resurrection of Jesus Christ!

Let Us Pray: Machsi, The God who is my refuge from the scorching heat of the sun by day, and the freezing cold at night. My refuge! My fortress! My God in whom I will forever strive to trust more and more each day I am blessed with by the breath of my life through yours, Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but my God remains the strength of my heart; He is mine forever. Remember your promises to me, to Your children for it is our only hope. Your faithfulness to all Your promises revives us; it so comforts us in all our troubles. The LORD is like a Father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him. Who is like unto our God? All praise be to God!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA_HoEC9ixc
TobyMac - Steal My Show (Lyrics)
www.youtube.com
Music video by TobyMac performing Steal My Show (Lyrics). (P) (C) 2012 ForeFront Records. All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction is a violation
TobyMac - Steal My Show (Lyrics)
www.youtube.com
Music video by TobyMac performing Steal My Show (Lyrics). (P) (C) 2012 ForeFront Records. All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction is a violation

No comments:

Post a Comment