Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day 98: "Communion And Communication" Elohim K'rovim, The Close God

Day 98: "Communion And Communication" Elohim K'rovim, The Close God

Read: Luke 10:38 - 42

Well, happy New Year to each and everyone. I pray that for the readership out there that the year 2013 will become for them a time for newness of life, an opportunity for reflecting on their relationships with those who now bring or will bring great meaning to their lives. It is also a time to carry on an ages old tradition of making resolutions. Mine is to address a particular issue that has been on my mind for quite some time. For the past several months, I have allowed myself to get so busy doing the work of the ministry – working for the Lord – I have neglected the most important thing - that of spending time with Him. Communion and communication with my Elohim K'rovim, The always Close to me God .

I have discovered that because of what is to me an imbalance between trying to be the very best husband I can be for my wife and doing the work of ministry - working for the Lord that it has affected my joy, passion and excitement about life and along side of all those, my ministry. Balance is an irreplaceable element in any relationship. As much as any one person or group of people desire to devote themselves to many wonderfully diverse passions and purposes, a common sense approach to walking a balance beam from one end to another without falling is both essential and prudent.
However, I’m happy to report that I’ve rediscovered that ‘one thing’ – The ever close, Elohim K'rovim

Here’s a story the Lord has challenged me with many times in my life and ministry: Please read carefully,
38 As they were traveling along, Jesus went into a village. A woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. 39 She had a sister named Mary. Mary sat at the Lord’s feet and listened to him talk. 40 But Martha was upset about all the work she had to do. So she asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work all by myself? Tell her to help me.” 41 The Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha! You worry and fuss about a lot of things. 42 There’s only one thing you need. Mary has made the right choice, and that one thing will not be taken away from her.”

As I look hard at this story I am finding myself somehow comparing and contrasting communion and communication styles of Mary and Martha with Jesus with my own as I write this.
Mary -- Martha
Contemplative -- Active
God's Word -- God's Work
Being -- Doing
Type B -- Type A
Presence of God -- Presents for God
Relationship -- Responsibility
Full Heart -- Full Schedule

Right now, my style of communion and communication is in the kitchen with Martha wondering and worrying more where Mary obviously is not and obviously should be (working in the kitchen with me). Which one are you? If you don’t know, or do not get overly concerned about which side of the kitchen you are on then you are more like a Mary. I am more like a Martha, but this year my resolution is learning to be more like Mary. The one thing – the most important thing – that we can do for ourselves in our Christian lives is to strive for a balanced communion/communication relationship like Mary, with Elohim K'rovim in prayer, in the Word, in His love; Martha with God's work.

Let Us Pray: Dear Lord, please give me… A few friends who understand me and remain my friends; A work to do which has real value, without which the world would be the poorer; A mind unafraid to travel, even though the trail be not blazed; An understanding heart; A sense of humor; Time for quiet, silent meditation; A feeling of the presence of God; The patience to wait for the coming of these things,
With the wisdom to recognize them when they come. Amen. (Anonymous)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7TQAKckj5k
Planetshakers - Give it up (Lyrics/Subtitles) New 2011 (Worship Song for Jesus)
www.youtube.com
Give it up, from the album "Nothing is impossible" by Planetshakers in 2011 There is nothing that is better than You There is no one who can do wh

No comments:

Post a Comment