Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 101: "I AM The I AM"

Day 101: "I AM The I AM"

Read: Exodus 3:1 - 15

This morning my alarm failed to go off so I am waking up later rather than sooner. It is good though because I find myself more relaxed and more at ease believing that as I am writing this devotional from "Listening To God" by Brian Bickel, I am wholly comforted and assured that there is a greater I AM watching over me and my wife.

Hear these words as though God, Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh, the One who was, is, and ever shall be the Great I AM, is speaking directly to you:

"I have many names, but there is one that stands out - the name most commonly used in the Old Testament (Hebrew Scriptures). Let me explain what it means when you see my name in capital letters like this - LORD.

There is a name behind "LORD": THE Hebrew YHWH, which you may know as Yahweh.

To understand the meaning of Yahweh, go to the Old Testament where I spoke to Moses from the burning bush. At that dramatic moment - as I gave Moses an assignment that scared the daylights out of him - he asked for my name. I told him, "I AM WHO I AM," or simply "I AM." At first that may not sound like much - but the implications of my name are enormous. "I AM" means that I exist independently of anything else. Nothing made me; there is nothing behind me. I simply AM: I always have been and I always will be.

"I AM" also means I will never change. I will always be your Provider, your Shield, your Rock, and your Lord. Most importantly for you, My Son - your Lord and Savior - is also I AM. Everything that I AM, Jesus is."

Let Us Pray: Psalm 46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Yh4exnBU0

No comments:

Post a Comment