Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 102: Have The Mind of Ram V'nisa, My High And Exalted God

Day 102: Have The Mind of Ram V'nisa, My High And Exalted God

Read: Philippians 2:5 - 11

Maybe you have read or written a letter like this before, but let me share it with you.

Dear God,

I thought I’d take a few minutes to write this letter to you. I hope you are doing well. Me? I think I’m losing my mind. The other day, I was standing at the bottom of the stairs in the house. When I had thought about it, I was not sure whether I had come down the stairs for something or was going up to go to bed. Then, I was standing in front of the refrigerator. I’m not sure whether I was getting something out of it to eat or putting something back. It really got bad when I found myself standing in front of the bathtub wondering whether I was going to get my bath or if I had just finished it.
Well, now, I'm standing at my mailbox to mail your letter.... Signed, Losing my mind.

I don’t know about you, and I can only speak for myself, but there are days when I can identify with this anonymous author. Sometimes I too feel like I’m losing it. So, I desire to speak to you today on that subject, “Losing Your Mind.” Someone said, “Five percent of the people think. Ten percent think they think and the rest would rather die than think.” Perhaps true. I have heard this one too: "It comes down to mind over matter - Yes, so what, I have a mind but it just doesn't matter!" Really? It matters big time in life! It matters in the way we live, good or bad, and it completely matters in our relationship to God, it absolutely matters in our relationship with each other.

Now, some people may think that you have lost your mind by virtue of the fact that you are a Christian. They cannot believe that you go to church as much as you do. They cannot believe that you enjoy going to church. They cannot believe that you could give a tenth or more of your income to your local church when you could use it for a new car, or a nice vacation, or something you deserve to have. As a matter of fact, quite frankly, they think you have lost your mind, and well, maybe you have. The Christian person striving to have a mindset as Christ Jesus must think not like who he is now to think well. He must strive to transform his thoughts outside the box.

Our text speaks of the mind of Christ. Some versions use the word “mind” instead of attitude. It says: “Have this mind in you” Or “Your mind should be the same as that of Christ.”. Have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. Have the mind of Ram V'nisa, High and exalted God. Really? Is That even possible? Is that even realistic? Overall, No it is not because nobody can fathom the mind or thoughts of God (Isaiah 55:8 - 9) So perhaps we can all use a mind change instead of a change of mind at times or at the very least, a better mind. We all need the mind of Christ - humble not haughty, the Master became servant to all. Selfless not selfish placing another's need above His.

Let Us Pray: Ram V'nisa, we confess ourselves before You, that we have used only the smallest part of the potential that is within us: There are energies, powers and possibilities in us that have never been released. Forgive us for settling for minds and thoughts that are second best, for growing overly accustomed to the way we think and act, and then failing to go beyond our usual responses. Help us to yield to You this day, and thus open our lives once more to joy, service and adventure. Amen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8g4AWddI_c
Jesus in Disguise with Lyrics
www.youtube.com
Song: Jesus in Disguise Artist: Brandon Heath "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair
Jesus in Disguise with Lyrics
www.youtube.com
Song: Jesus in Disguise Artist: Brandon Heath "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair

No comments:

Post a Comment