Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day 127: God Don't Bless Mess

Day 127: God Don't Bless Mess

Read: Psalms 119:1 - 8

Today, I'm feeling whimsical. I am just kinda sorta sitting here feeling free and being swayed back and forth by the rhythm of a song that is rolling around in my spirit. I am not even sure what the words are exactly but I know that I feel really really blessed. I am feeling in tune with but a small wave of heaven's very own orchestra - Praise the Father, Praise the Son, Praise the Spirit Three in One allelu, allelu, alleluuuia. It just keeps flowing rhythmically back and forth through the waves of my life and I just find that I can't help myself nor keep myself from just singing right along with it. Even as I write this devotion it just seems that joy is the only response to a life deeply overwhelmed and blessed by God.

Come on, my friends, let's do some singing this morning. Even if you do not know the words or the tune, just let yourself go and what will be will be: You’re blessed when you stay on course, walking steadily on the road revealed by GOD. You are so blessed when you follow his directions, doing your best to find him. That’s right—you don’t go off on your own; you walk straight along the road he set allelu, allelu, alleluuuia. You, GOD, prescribed the right way to live; now you expect us to live it allelu allelu alleluia. Oh, that my steps might be steady, keeping to the course you set allelu allelu alleluia.
Then I’d never have any regrets in comparing my life with your counsel. Alleluuuia.

REFRAIN: I thank you for speaking straight from your heart; I learn the pattern of all your righteous ways. I’m going to do what you tell me to do; don’t ever walk off and leave me. (Just kinda stick this between the 'allelu, allelu, alleluia' choruses or where ever it might sound better to you! I am not a songwriter by any means and I am very sure God will make this work for you in a way that will both completely surprise and overwhelm you!) The whole point of this exercise is to just have some fun with God. Consider this from God's perspective for a moment. Imagine God is there with you. He desires to sing a duet with you. Come on now, you know you've always wanted to! Take a chance. Sing with Him.

God is looking square into your eyes to the very depths of your being: "How I so long to bless you! To be blessed is to be happy - not a happiness that comes just from a few momentary pleasures, but from the deep abiding joy that can only happen when you rest in my grace and experience my presence. My grace is unconditional, but my song of blessing depends on you. Every day when you wake up, turn your heart upon me and your thoughts upon my Son Jesus and your life song upon my Holy Spirit. I'm asking you to immerse your entire self in my completeness. Come, enter into your new day as a blessed person because you'll always be my beloved for one unchangeable reason: God don't bless no mess."

Let Us Pray: Calm us now, O Lord, into a quietness that heals and listens. Open wide our wounded hearts to the balm of your Word. Speak to us in clear tones so that we might feel our spirits leap for joy and skip with hope as your resurrection witnesses. Gracious God, as we turn to your Word for us, may the Spirit of God rest upon us all. Help us to be steadfast in our hearing, and in our speaking, and in our believing, in our living. Praise The Father, Praise The Son, Praise the Spirit Three In One Allelu, Allelu, Alleluuuuuia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwtne69jb8A
Agnus Dei Michael W Smith ballet
www.youtube.com
Agnus Dei - Michael W. Smith Available on iTunes Paradosi Christian Ballet Company performing Agnus Dei at Christ Center in Cashmere, WA May
Agnus Dei Michael W Smith ballet
www.youtube.com
Agnus Dei - Michael W. Smith Available on iTunes Paradosi Christian Ballet Company performing Agnus Dei at Christ Center in Cashmere, WA May

No comments:

Post a Comment