Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day 105: "Direction and Character"

Day 105: "Direction and Character"

Read: 1 Samuel 16:6 - 12

This morning is one of those bad neck mornings. So this mornings devotional comes from the pages of "Listening To God" by Bruce Bickel. Read these words as though it is God, Khol L'vaot Doresh, Searcher Of All Hearts who is speaking directly into your heart and into your life.

"Everybody wants to know my will. It is by far the number - question I get from people in their prayers: "Lord, what is Your will for me?"

Of Course, the question is not really that general. People pray things like, "Lord, should I take this job?" or "Father, do You want me to go on this mission trip? If so, I need two thousand dollars."

I hop you know me well enough to believe that I always want what is best for you - and that may not always coincide with what you want. I might make you wait. But in the end, your Father knows best.

While you are waiting, there is something you can do for me: work on your character. As much as you want direction for your life, I want you to build character. Certainly, those decisions about vocation, ministry and money are important - but you will never make decisions in line with My will if you character is lacking. So work on it, Become a character driven person." Signed, Khol L'vaot Doresh, The Searcher of All Hearts

Let Us Pray: Searcher Of All Hearts, help me to be the person You need me to be. In Jesus name. Amen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-afZJ9_TIM
Hillsong - From The Inside Out - With Subtitles/Lyrics
www.youtube.com
Hillsong - From The Inside Out - With Subtitles/Lyrics - Mighty to Save DVD A thousand

No comments:

Post a Comment