Friday, September 21, 2012

Day 96: Losing One's Mind - Journey To Humility

Day 96: Losing One's Mind - Journey To Humility

Read: Genesis 3:1 - 7

Maybe you have read this letter before, or even tried to write one like it yourself but couldn't finish it or send or forward it on to its intended destination. But let me share one that I one tried to write with you. Perhaps you will find that you will be more timely and successful in overcoming all of 'yourself' than I was too many years ago.

Dear God,

I do not know why I am even doing this. I have thought about it and thought about it but I just cannot figure out why I am even bothering to do this. There is something that has been elbowing my ribs, tickling my conscience, and weighing my spirit down! I am usually able to dismiss such things without any help from anyone. I just cannot figure it out, this time is different. These feelings wont leave me alone! These blasted feelings seem to get farther and farther away from any solution I can come up with. I can no longer make any sense out of it. Why isn't my way working for me anymore?

You know, God, I have never seen the need to write letters to anyone. I am always so independent that writing anything never even occurred to me. So in spite of all that I feel compelled to take a few minutes to write this letter to you. I certainly hope you are doing better than I am right now. It really pains me that I have to say this, please don't tell anyone; I am writing this letter to you because I think I am losing my mind. I've tried so hard all my life to do everything the right way, my way. It is not working!

Last night I read the story of Adam and Eve's temptation in the Garden. Now more and more I feel like I am being suckered into believing that all of my efforts at self reliance and independence has been one great big lie. The greatest lie that I have ever heard and I actually believed it, I was blinded by it. I was surrounded by its deep darkness and now I just cannot help but feel that right now it is stabbing at my heart.

I feel as if this great lie is killing me. I believed that I had all the wisdom I needed to survive on. I believed I was the only one who could ever know what was best for me. Day after day, week after week, month after month and now year after year. God, I have yielded my entire self to the awesome joy that I received from that temptation. Now, God, my awesomeness is no longer there. I can no longer feed off of it, I can no longer say I can survive off of it. But, God, I just need to be able to survive somehow!

Signed, Me Myself and I

Lord, please forgive me for wanting to believe the lie. Respond to my letter ASAP. Set me free from the tyranny of my self reliance and self rule. Somehow, please restore me to the innocence I felt when I was a newborn infant dependent on my parents for life itself. Help me to one day actually believe that You alone are the God of my life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1avFt94Ovws&feature=fvwrel
When I Think About The Lord
www.youtube.com
When I Think About The Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment