Saturday, September 15, 2012

Day 90: As The Phoenix Rises From The Flames .....

Day 90: As The Phoenix Rises From The Flames .....

Read: Psalm 138, Proverbs 13:12

From a young age I was apprehensive and restless, searching for something to fill a void within me and give meaning to my existence. When I was 18 I entered Navy Basic Training to continue my search in a faraway land (Illinois), in another harsh disciplined environment (8 long weeks of military training), separated from my family for the very first time in my life. 
 
There I went to work and lived an independent life among a bunch of other guys my age, continuing to seek answers to my questions. Is it always supposed to be so incredibly difficult? Is my whole life meant to be defined as being nearly impossible? Is the life we live forever destined to be mired in failure?

David was a man who walked with God for many, many ,many years. David was a man who had been in the deepest trouble many different times. And David when he was in trouble, When he was at a spiritual low, Looked up and prayed and ask God to revive him. And every time David stopped to ask God to revive him. Guess what? "God did!"

For myself I was just incredibly naive about such matters of God and faith and the ways of the world. I stopped and left home never looking back at my parents when I boarded the plane for the first time. Truth be told, I never stopped to look up either. This is how my life went simply because I was never brave or bold enough to rise up.

3 On the day I called, you answered me,
you increased my strength of soul. (Psalm 138:3)

Then there was the day that I could no longer rise up and I did like David did, I looked in the only direction I could - UP and prayed and asked God to raise me up, to revive me and He did! Looking back at that night I realize that for the first time in my life I was raised. I was revived like the Phoenix from the flames of complete nothingness.

Today, as experience tells me, when I pray and God answers that prayer, that should encourage me to pray on. When I ask God for something great and God gives me something great. Then the next time I need something great I am encouraged to pray on. YES, Faith comes by praying and waiting, but it also comes out of our daily living and and the absolute excitement from seeing God answer and move and work.

1 I give you thanks, O Lord, with my whole heart;
before the gods I sing your praise;
2 I bow down towards your holy temple
and give thanks to your name for your steadfast love and your faithfulness;
for you have exalted your name and your word
above everything. (Psalm 138:1 - 2)

Pray:

7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble,
you preserve me against the wrath of my enemies;
you stretch out your hand,
and your right hand delivers me.
8 The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me;
your steadfast love, O Lord, endures for ever.
Do not forsake the work of your hands. (Psalm 138:7 - 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56zx_Xr4Uwc

No comments:

Post a Comment