Monday, September 17, 2012

Day 92: One Cup each Of Order and Obedience, Please?

Day 92: One Cup each Of Order and Obedience, Please?

Read: Genesis 22:1 - 14

I like to have order in my life. I don't always like to be obedient. In fact order is a whole lot easier to like than obedience is. Order is something that I place a high level of importance and value to. There is a created order to all things in life and anything outside of that is Chaos and I have zero interest in trying to live within that. When it comes right down to it, truth is I feel the same way about obedience as I do about order. I have to be obedient, that is okay. It becomes a lot more difficult to remain obedient to all the important people I have to be obedient to - my God and my Wife.

Order and obedience are very important to me - and that is probably something of a gross understatement. I have spent great parts of my days and my life fighting chaos tooth and nail. Disobedience just does not sit very well within neither my heart nor my spirit. I guess I just look at look at both as nearly inseparable as can be. Without one there can never be the other. Considering the life circumstances most of us can find ourselves on any given day the struggle to keep order and be obedient is an epic one.

The Author of the Created Order is God and God alone - not me and certainly not you who are reading this right now. Order is ultimately found in the way God orders our life. I have come to slowly and painfully realize that when I do not see order in my life, it does not mean it is not there. It means that I struggle too hard to see my own efforts to keep it and struggle too hard against seeing God's effort on my own behalf.

Obedience means listening for God’s Directions and not listening only to those that I have set up, or only those I believe will keep my own chaos at bay (Genesis 22:1 - 2).

Obedience means following God’s Direction for my life not the one based on my own map. You see, my map and even your map gives us order, keeps chaos away from us by as great a distance as humanly possible (Genesis 22:3).

Obedience means we must expend great energy struggling and striving and following our God in Faith. It is our hearts desire toward remaining obedient to this fight that we keep God's created order close by (Genesis 22:4 - 8).

Obedience means following through in Faith (Genesis 22:9 - 12). It is knowing when to 'put the knife down' as Abraham did. Surrendering ourselves that our desire for maintaining our part of the Created Order and acts of obedience are tests from God. That our God will reward our obedience to this Created Order (Genesis 22:13 - 14).

Let us Pray: Father, we thank You that through You alone we are guided through our lives, not by our own strength or wisdom, but in the knowledge and wisdom of our omniscient God. It is not by might, nor by power, but by Your Spirit that we can stand against the tactics of chaos as we struggle and strive to build our foundation of faith.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNjKdfjUaw0
ORDER MY STEPS IN YOUR WORD
www.youtube.com
praise and worship song with lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment