Saturday, September 8, 2012

Day 83: Writing and Singing The Next New God Song

Day 83: Writing and Singing The Next New God Song

Read: Psalm 40

This morning as I find myself sitting quietly at my kitchen table, I am slowly coming to an awareness of the sounds that are around me. Overhead there is the sound of the slowly whooshing wind as the ceiling fan blades over head of me go round and round. I find it to be soothing and quite relaxing not harsh or overwhelming. The breeze is not too cool and actually I find that the sound of it all is a most welcoming way of relaxing.Somewhere in the background is the trilling and meowing of at least two of our six cats who are probably hungry and waiting for their food or trying to gain my attention.

These are not particularly new sounds to my ears, in fact sometimes the sounds of these cats as they sing their cacophony of different sounds is more like the old finger nails against the chalkboard sound - extraordinarily irritating when I am trying to finish my morning routine. Irregardless of how the cats are sounding or how fast the blades above are moving through the air, it is always a pleasant experience for me to listen to voice of God's word singing to me each morning as I try to bring a new revelation of God as He is desires to bring relationship into our lives. Each is a brand new 'God song'.

I have never been, nor am I now and have no plans in the future to try to be any where near the same eloquence of King David when he felt his kingly heart strangely warmed by God after I do not know how many times David prayed for redemption. David was an extraordinarily eloquent man. He had the heart of the greatest of all the poets and like us, all too frequently found himself in great need of one more version of God's great redemption songs. Songs that sing to the most hardened of hearts of love and great displays of divine power. Songs that inspire the worst voices in all creation to sing as they have never sung before, with reckless abandon before all congregations.

David wrote these amazing words which this morning I find so amazingly relevant as I find myself in a great period of eager anticipation, waiting for the next new 'God' thing. This morning let us all come together in song, our hearts and voices on full display before the Lord:

1 I waited patiently for the Lord;
he inclined to me and heard my cry.
2 He drew me up from the desolate pit,
out of the miry bog,
and set my feet upon a rock,
making my steps secure.
3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a song of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear,
and put their trust in the Lord. (Psalm 40:1 - 3)

---------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP913rz_ibk
The Mission Drama "God is God"
www.youtube.com
The Mission Atlanta performs the drama "God is God" at Winterfest. For more information, or to purchase a copy of this cd, go to www.extremegen.org, or conta...

No comments:

Post a Comment