Thursday, August 29, 2013

Day 324: "If You Will Seek Him, He Will Let You Find Him;"

Day 324: "If You Will Seek Him, He Will Let You Find Him;"

Read: 1 Chronicles 28:1 - 11, Luke 9:20 - 25

I read these words from the Hebrew canon again and again and again. All the while my heart and my spirit just sink into a time of sadness and admittedly, of shame as well. I relive those days as a child when I tried to play the old game of hide and seek with my older sisters. I always tried so hard to make it easier for them because well "they were girls after all." I had always tried to be obvious, that is, I would make a noise, or hide behind a thin tree trunk in plain sight. It was fun for a while. But then as we grew older the game dried up. I would hide but then they would not seek. They told me they just got bored "of the hunt." It remember greatly how much it saddened me.

King David has a critically significant message for his Son, Solomon and for us today. Verse 9 teaches all: “As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with your whole heart and a willing mind; for the Lord searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts. If you will seek Him, He will let you find Him; but if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever." What an eye opening verse this is! What a succession of admonishments! "Know the God of your father," "Serve Him with your whole heart," "Serve Him with a willing mind." "If you will seek Him..." "If you forsake Him..." Right now, I just cannot comprehend the sheer scope of this verse.

David was one the person who had truly discovered God’s total involvement in his life over the many years. Scripture also reveals to us his many imperfections and flaws, his myriad mistakes, his times of deep sorrow and depression, times when he was being disciplined for his sins -- yet the scriptures also show his genuineness when it came to serving God. God was with this person and involved in his life in all kinds of circumstances because of his diligence in searching for God in all the areas of his life! I read this verse and feel like I have to start my Christian life all over again. It is like I have to start again only this time, use this verse as my most basic standard of living!

You could say that David intentionally chose to go on a “daily God hunt” and in today’s scripture he desperately wanted his son Solomon to also experience God in his life equally and fully. Why? Read well and learn deeply the words of verse 10: "Consider now, for the Lord has chosen you to build a house for the sanctuary; be courageous and act.” Solomon was very soon to be faced with an extraordinary task and deeply needed God’s fullest possible involvement in every detail of his life. God’s Involvement in Your Life! In Jesus' holy name, intentionally going on a "daily God hunt?" "Be courageous and act!” "Know God!" "Serve Him with your whole heart, willing mind!" "If you will seek Him!"

Let Us Pray: I encourage you today, through prayer and meditation, to take yourself through the Gospel passage from Luke 9:20 - 25. In Jesus' name go on a "God hunt," a journey of discovery exploring where God needs to be more fully involved in your life. Examine yourselves. Hold your Christian selves up to the standard from verse 9.
Are you listening for Jesus as He asks His disciples “But who do you say that I am?”?

Pray to God the Father to reveal to your heart and spirit the deepest depths of these words of His Son Jesus: "And He was saying to them all, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me. 24 For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he is the one who will save it. For what is a man profited if he gains the whole world, and loses or forfeits himself?" Seek the Holy Spirit as your One and Only true guide!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMGDBYluW98
After All (HOLY) Lyrics - David Crowder
www.youtube.com

No comments:

Post a Comment