Sunday, August 11, 2013

Day 310: "O Lord My God, If I Have Done This, ..."

Day 310: "O Lord My God, If I Have Done This, ..."

Read: Psalm 7

Integrity's song. Here, David has presented himself before the altar of God. David is before us asking God to judge him according to his righteousness and his integrity. Ask yourself this question, if you were standing before God today, and you asked God to judge you according to your righteousness and your integrity, how would you do? Would God be proud of you, would you be proud of yourself, or would you be ashamed, do you think that you have a great deal of work left to build your integrity? Would you even do like David did and present yourself like this before the One who knows it all? Would you actually, purposely, honestly submit yourself before God's ultimate judgment seat?

Integrity is one of the most important assets we have as individuals and Christians. We have a mindset that we must work hard to protect and preserve it. It takes years to build it yet only seconds to destroy it. When destroyed, it takes years and years (if ever) to get it back! Today, we are going to talk about the importance of integrity. In the Hebrew language the word integrity meant completeness, moral innocence, or perfection. The exact opposite of compromise. Ask yourself, why was King David's integrity so important that he would write and sing such a dramatic song for all the generations to follow him? Why is your integrity important, critically important to you?

Integrity is a fundamental pillar of Christian Character. The Psalmist speaks of a man “who keeps his oath even when it hurts.” ~ Psalm 15:4b. In that statement, we have the basic definition of integrity, which is, standing by your words, particularly, especially when it’s not convenient. Someone ever walk up to you and ask "Are you for real?" Integrity defines to others who you are when nobody is looking. When someone thinks of you, inevitably, they will think about whether or not you have genuine integrity or a false bravado. People want to know if you’re for real. Why do so many people from the Hebrew Scripture preface praying to God "If I have found favor in your sight, then ..?"

To walk in integrity does not mean that you are flawless or perfect. But it does mean that you admit your shortcomings. A person of integrity does not even try to cover up mistakes with more results, but rather owns up to them and makes amends where necessary. What will my integrity do for me? It will so Bless Me (Proverbs 20:7) It can also quite harshly Judge me (Job 31:6) God will judge us all according to our righteousness and integrity. Integrity will also help keep me exceedingly humble before the throne of God knowing full well God is not going to hold any punches back (Psalm 7:8). Dare to prostrate yourself pray before God today: "O Lord My God, If I Have Done This,...?"

Let Us Pray: Father, Your Word I have hidden in my heart that I might not sin against You; for it teaches me to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly before You. Even when it risks bringing about hurtful circumstances, just help me to do the right thing in keeping with the Christ-filled nature I received upon the day of my salvation. May I not be found lacking in integrity but rather be characterized by my true integrity as it honors my Father in heaven. "If I have found favor in your sight Lord Jesus Christ ..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FpLzV0R5dY

No comments:

Post a Comment