Friday, August 23, 2013

Day 320: "Awake, My Glory! Arise And I Will Awaken The Dawn."

Day 320: "Awake, My Glory! Arise And I Will Awaken The Dawn."

Read: Psalm 57

It's very easy to appreciate God's greatness during the good times. It is easy to praise God for His greatness when you are prosperous, when you have enough money to buy the things you want. It is easy to appreciate God's greatness when your health is good, when there seems to be no limit to the things you can do. It is easy to praise God for all of his greatness when all your relationships are running smoothly, when there is no conflict between you and your family and your co-workers and your friends. How easy it is to praise God for His greatness during the good times. But do you always recognize God's greatness? Are you able to recognize God's greatness in life's uncertainties?

Can you yet praise God during financial difficulties? Can you yet praise God even when your health is failing? Do you recognize God's greatness in both the good and the bad times? Psalm 57 is David's ecstatic response to a life-threatening situation. In this psalm God wants to show us how he expects us to respond to him when we face difficult times. From Verse 8, "Awake, my glory! Awake, harp and lyre! I will awaken the dawn." I have attended concert halls, public and national parks and in several churches. But David wrote this symphony from deep within a cave eluding King Saul. Appreciate the challenge of transforming gloom, despair, excessive misery into a song for the ages!

He had God's protection. Verse 1, "Be gracious to me, O God, be gracious to me, For my soul takes refuge in You; And in the shadow of Your wings I will take refuge Until destruction passes by. This means that David is in the Holy of Holies, safely protected by the presence of God. Our protection does not come from circumstances, it comes from the presence of the Lord. David knew that God would perform all things for him. Verse 2, "I will cry to God Most High, To God who accomplishes all things for me." As he was staying in the cave, David could not do very much about his situation. God did! God intervened! "Awake my glory! Arise! Awake, oh my soul! I will awaken the dawn!"

David had a joyful tongue because he had a fixed heart. Listen to Verse 7 "My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and give praises!" I do not know what kind of or how deep your cave may be right now. Perhaps you are not even the author of your circumstances. What I can do is to assure you of two truly awesome truths: You have God's protection and He is working for you. Do your circumstances have you under siege? Do you find yourself in a 'cave environment'? Be encouraged that God will always protect you and intervene for you. Be concerned about raising your own awareness of God's glory! Take time to arise, awaken your glory, your harp, lyre. Awaken the dawn!

Let Us Pray: Almighty God, by your Holy Spirit you have made us one with your saints in heaven and on earth. Grant that in our earthly pilgrimage that we may always be supported by this fellowship of love and prayer, knowing ourselves to be surrounded by their witness to your power and mercy. We ask this for the sake of Jesus Christ, in whom all our intercessions are acceptable through the Holy Spirit, who lives and reigns with you forever and ever. Amen


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwtne69jb8A
Agnus Dei Michael W Smith ballet
www.youtube.com
Agnus Dei - Michael W. Smith Available on iTunes Paradosi Christian Ballet Company performing Agnus Dei at Christ Center in Cashmere, WA May 4th, 2008. www.p...
Agnus Dei Michael W Smith ballet
www.youtube.com
Agnus Dei - Michael W. Smith Available on iTunes Paradosi Christian Ballet Company performing Agnus Dei at Christ Center in Cashmere, WA May

No comments:

Post a Comment