Thursday, August 1, 2013

Day 302: The "Spacious" Life

Day 302: The "Spacious" Life

Read: Psalm 18

Who can capture the well of emotions contained within the core of a grateful heart like David could? His ability to put into words the journey of his own heart is quite astonishing. Can it be any wonder that we love the Psalms so much. Focus in for a moment on verse 19 'He brought me forth also into a broad place; He rescued me, because He delighted in me. From the Holman Christian Standard Bible, that word 'broad' is translated as 'spacious' so it reads 'He brought me out to a spacious place;' We are told God brought us out into a "spacious life. How absolutely profound is that!

Think carefully about the magnitude of this. Jesus did not die to give us a great day today. NO! He died to pull us out of our "self" lives and to present us life in all of its fullness: A life to be lived for others, a life to be lived for His glory alone. When we take a prayerful look at what a "spacious" life really means, I am pleasantly reminded that the peace of God which surpasses all understanding, and His redeeming grace in all our lives brings about the fullest absolute beauty of a "spacious" heart - one that has not been encumbered by the troubles of this world or by those troubles of our own lives.

A "spacious" heart has unlimited room for whatever God places in your world today, and all of it is possible only because He loves us so much and so completely. So when you hear the voice of someone who wants to cut you down to size, who wants you to be "realistic" and not get carried away with grand ideas and plans to make a tiny bit of a difference in this world, I hope you will realize that it is not God's voice. His plans are "spacious"! His plans are perfect and will always increase one way or another. Pray on this, because the Father delights in us - He delights in you, He delights in me! He longs for us to come to Him, to live in Him, to accomplish all that He has designed!

Now, that is a large, spacious life to try to live indeed! And this path of life is not just intended for a few lucky ones. No way! No how! It is intended for every man woman and child. No one gets left out. All inclusive! God’s love for all knows no bounds. He fills everyone's life with blessings and watches over them as though they were the only person alive who He loved. His every thought is good toward all and God wants to pour out a blessing on all His people that no one can ever possibly hope to contain. God the Father delighted in his Son at Creation. In all the spaciousness that God did bring forth, Father delighted in his Son through his human life. In all the spaciousness that God did bring forth, God delights in all His children. All thanks be to God!

Let Us Pray: Gracious Father, when I find myself getting comfortable with a cluttered and complicated life, help me to experience the "spacious" life that Your Living Word promises. Help me to pull myself back from the fullness of my own complacency and pride. Help me to more fully live within the "spacious" places where Your grace and Your forgiveness are to be found. Exile me if you must. Send me unto one of David's caves if that is what's necessary to help me more fully appreciate Your "spacious" life!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4v5rbGHQp8

No comments:

Post a Comment