Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Day 305: "He Made My Feet Like The Feet Of The Hind..."

Day 305: "He Made My Feet Like The Feet Of The Hind..."

Read: Habakkuk 3, Psalm 18:31 - 42

Life is said to be 10% 'how you take it' and 90% 'what you make it'. Today, in life we'll see an overwhelming number of people who will move from one position to another at the drop of hat. When the circumstances get a little tough every body abandons ship. There are very few who will stay the course to get through the bad times. Fear grips the heart of the heathen with the release of every bad news article. The question is this; will we, as God’s people, stand for Christ when all around us is failing? When jobs fail, when the economy goes south, sickness strikes, the shortages occur, when 'storms' threaten our way of life, will we stand up, be counted as faithful to Christ?

Habakkuk said, "We’ve got troubles from wall to wall, but I think I will just thank God anyhow!" Yep, life is said to be 10% 'how you take it' and 90% 'what you make it.' Habakkuk knew that times were going to get difficult. The mention of the fig tree, the grapevine, the olive, the grain, and flocks represents the entire range of agricultural produce upon which the nation was dependent. The oncoming Babylonians were on a direct path to Judah, everything was just going to be unavoidably trampled underfoot. When scriptures say that in their last days, men’s hearts would be literally failing for fear their worst was yet to come. Yep! 10% 'how you take it', 90% 'how you make it'.

Notice in the passage from Psalm 18:32-33, the repetition of the word 'make': "the God who equipped me with strength and made my way blameless. He made my feet like the feet of a deer and set me secure on the heights." In particular, I really, truly, deeply love verse 35: "You have given me the shield of your salvation, and your right hand supported me, and your gentleness made me great." It kind of leaves one to just sit back pondering 'why does God permit such difficulties as these to come waltzing into our lives anyway?' God makes it, we break it, so God re-makes it! From Habakkuk, I guess that God can break it to if He wants to. Sometimes He has to break to remake.

Sometimes, God has to reveal to us just what we are made of, what we are really like before He can make and remake us into what He wants us to be. What He wants us to be is made and remade more into the image of His Son Jesus Christ. Verse 33 teaches: "He made my feet like the feet of a hind and set me secure on the heights." Habakkuk 3:19 teaches us: "God, the Lord, is my strength; he makes my feet like the hind's; He makes me tread on my high places." God wants to make our feet ready for His way and make us more like Jesus Christ (Hebrews 1:1 - 4 ESV). God wanted for David, His Prophet Habakkuk, us to have feet 100% like the hind's to live 100% Christ!

Let Us Pray: Lord, we praise you for the privilege of walking with Christ and bearing his name; for the joy that he has brought into our lives and the new sense of purpose we feel; for the true meaning, for the true direction he has given to our lives; for the true peace, for the true courage, for the true confidence to walk and scale the great cliffs as the hind does; for the true faith that he gives; for true the love that reaches out to us and by grace makes and remakes our witness and worship and our praise. We praise Jesus for for the power which lifts, how he changes lives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPW2ABF-sBA
Mumford & Sons - Hopeless Wanderer (Music Video Cover)
www.youtube.com
This is a music video I have created for my Film & Video course. I hope you enjoy it, give feedback so I can improve further films seeing as this is my

No comments:

Post a Comment