Friday, August 9, 2013

Day 308: Making The Most Of Your Walk With God

Day: 308: Making The Most Of Your Walk With God

Read: Psalm 1

Making the most of the time we have. Wow, how much time do we have to devote for exploring this in the name of the Lord? Time is so precious. We really are not here on this earth for very long. We are like when you go to turn the light switch on, and then suddenly realize the bulb is shot. One day it will eventually happen. So, how can we make the most of the time we have? We can make the most of the time we have left on earth by making the most of our walk with God. Many people choose to live too carelessly not giving much thought about their relationship with God. One day we will all have to sit, stand or kneel before the Creator of this universe to give an account.

To make the most of your walk with God, it is essential that you know Christ as your Lord and Savior. Apart from Christ there is no walk with God. Apart from Christ there is no saving relationship with God. To the person reading this who is outside of God’s saving grace, I urge you to go to Jesus. He is ready to receive you. I pray you will find Jesus to be your Savior this very day. To the child of God reading this I urge you to make the most of your walk with the Lord! Do not be a careless Christian who lives day by day with no thought of a deeper walk with Christ. Don’t allow yourself to settle for “I know-nothing; I feel - nothing; I want - nothing; I desire - nothing” God experience!

I would seriously question whether I was a believer if I did not want to know more of Christ. I would seriously question my salvation if I did not explore, did not reach out and feel and sense God’s awesome presence from time to time. It’s not that our faith is based on feelings, but I should have some sense of God at work in my life. I would seriously question my salvation if I did not want anything at all from the Lord. I would seriously question where I stand with God if I did not desire anything of the Lord. From Psalm 1 we have a plea for a deeper, more solid, and more productive walk with God. The person who has a close walk with God is called Blessed! I so want to make the most of Jesus!

So, how can we make the most of our walk with God? How can it become a blessed walk? Sit with Jesus! How are you being influenced? (1,2) Either we are influenced with godly influence, or with ungodly influence. We so need to just look around and ask ourselves the question: How are we being influenced? We are all surrounded by all kinds of influence. Just what is it are we allowing to influence us? To shape us? To mold us? How about your children, what are they being influenced by? What holds sway over their lives? You don’t have to teach kids to be bad. They learn that quite well. How is it you can make the most of your walk and their walk with God? Please pray about it!

Let Us Pray: Father in Heaven, Thank you for the eternal promise and living hope of Your word. Thank you that You can be surely counted on to guide me through my day. Today I need to walk in the hope that only You can give. My way is unclear, my path sometimes feels like it twists and turns in confusing and busy ways as I wind my way along my journey. Show me Your ways, Lord. Show me how You would walk in these places. Teach me Your paths of grace, mercy, integrity and love. Help me so to grasp Your ways, Your truth, Your life so I can walk securely even in those most insecure of places.

I truly need Your perspective today. Thank you that You promise to guide me and teach me that I might teach another as I strive to let Your truth impact my heart and my mind. I will put my hope in you today, all day long. Remind me by Your Holy Spirit to look to You to guide me. Call me into Your quiet presence to meditate upon Your truths and may I not be distracted. I thank you that You give the hope and help and peace I need today. I thank you that You never cease to call me to Yourself. Help me to respond afresh to Your presence in my life. Help me just sit a little bit closer to Your side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lElSWBjyLWA

No comments:

Post a Comment