Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Day 318: "Put My Tears In Your Bottle."

Day 318: "Put My Tears In Your Bottle."

Read: Psalm 56:1 - 9, John 11:35, 2 Corinthians 1:3 - 11

How much do you really trust God with who you really are? How prepared are you to trust God with what is really going on inside of you? I do not mean just simply surface preparation like you are taking sandpaper to a rough course of wood to smooth the surface, take just a wee bit of the rough stuff from the edges so you do not get one of those slivers stuck in your finger. Nope! Sorry about that. This time it is completely about your fully letting go, fully surrendering to the reality that what is going on inside of you is dug deeper into your soul than a simple sliver you get out with a small pin. You may choose to keep it on the surface for safety, but God keeps a record of the deep stuff!

Did you know that while you are trying hard not to keep a record of everything that is going on in your life, God is keeping one strikingly accurate account of your existence. God is keeping a journal composed of bottles and books. Prayerfully look at the words of verse 8: "You have taken account of my wanderings; Put my tears in Your bottle.
Are they not in Your book?" God watches our traveling. God watches every step of our wanderings and notices every instance of our weeping. God is intimately acquainted with every single tear drop we have ever cried. His eyes are firmly planted on ours! God is bottling up our tears! Tears move the very heart of God! Jesus wept for us all!

God sees where we wander. He is intimately acquainted with the paths we have trod. Some paths have been walked upon in bare feet over sharp rocky soil. But that can be for our good, for as what my Grandmother used to tell me when I cried as a little boy with a deep cut in the sole of my foot, "The bumps are what you climb on." God sees our wanderings, marks well our paths in His record. God sees when we weep. He sees and records every tear and files them away for future reference. Among the Semitic peoples, mourners often catch their tears in a little bottle as a symbol of their sorrow. Then they essentially have a funeral for those tears, placing them in a casket.

How intimate an occasion is that funeral for the mourner? Yes, my beloved friends, God is intimately acquainted with all of our tears that He has collected each of them in His own bottle. Now, how intimately acquainted are we with the tears that Jesus wept for us? It was not all the torture that he had been through that broke his heart. It was rejection that broke the heart of Jesus! It should move us to tears when people can reject our wonderful Savior. The tears of forgiveness. When is the last time you wept over the forgiveness of your sin? The tears of gratitude. When is the last time you sat at the feet of Jesus, looked deeply into His eyes and wept with Him for saving your soul, being so good to you? How many bottles of God's tears have you collected?

Let Us Pray: Lord, from the very deepest depths of my heart, I pray to you the words of Psalm 56:10 - 13 (NASB). Lord, it is so difficult to cry. Lord, it is so difficult to fully surrender the deepest depths of my heart to your loving care. Lord, as I wander over the crags and through the rocky paths, as the soles of my feet are repeatedly cut open, and I eventually find myself able to cry as You always intended, Lord, if my tears find even the smallest bit of favor with You, then let me see You cry for me. Please let me see and hold and cherish the bottle of my tears that You have been keeping just for me.

10 In God, whose word I praise,
In the Lord, whose word I praise,
11 In God I have put my trust, I shall not be afraid.
What can man do to me?
12 Your vows are binding upon me, O God;
I will render thank offerings to You.
13 For You have delivered my soul from death,
Indeed my feet from stumbling,
So that I may walk before God
In the light of the living.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHb2ctFWtfo

No comments:

Post a Comment