Sunday, July 8, 2012

Day 21: First things first: Approaching God's Door then Ask, Seek, Knock?

Day 21: First Things First: Approaching God's Door then: Ask, Seek, Knock?

Read: Matthew 7:7 - 14; Luke 11:1 - 13; Psalm 24; Isaiah 26:1 - 4

So now you have arrived at the first door of what is possible. The question beckons you: "What do I do now that I am leaving 'forsaken' behind me?" Before me is a door that I have never seen before. I know little about the owner of the house. Yet, I am finding myself being drawn ever the closer to it. It is an imposing door, the biggest I have ever seen. I am unsure of myself, unsure of my steps, unsure if I can knock hard enough that the owner of the home will hear me and come answer my efforts.

What do I do first - walk forward or turn around and walk away? I do not know. I was never one to knock on doors of people I do not know. I have had a few closed rudely in my face. It was not a pleasant experience. Yet I cannot help myself, I am moving forward, not backward. I am raising my arms, forming a fist and first I .....

Yes, my friends, what do you first? What did you do first? What did you want to do first? What did you think you wanted to do first - one step forward two steps back or two steps forward and one step back? Did the choice you make come close to full scale retreat? From our lives, there are many choices to be made from this story. In the end, what matters most is what we did first. Walked forward, or turned and ran.

Approaching God's door. Approaching the door that leads to newness of life. It is an imposing one to be sure. Larger than our lives, that much is absolutely sure. Do you put God first in your life and walk towards it? Is the doorway that leads to salvation through God a place you desire to be or a place you desire or long to get to know more intimately? What would it mean for you to strive to place so much more of God, and so much less of yourself into the very center of your life? How could it all change your approach to living? Where would you desire the transformation to begin for you?

Pray: Ask the Author of your life to reveal to you His doorway that leads to newness of life. Ask Him to reveal to you His heart that you may be drawn towards it. Ask Him for sureness of foot and strength of fist to knock on the Door that He will always answer. Ask for the love of Jesus Christ to come into your heart and the sure footed guidance of the Holy Spirit to transform your steps into ones of greatest certainty.

Approach the Door of the Lord. Ask ... Seek ... Knock ... and the door will be opened!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zplX5FDDuH0

No comments:

Post a Comment