Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day 25: "Take Courage; I have Conquered the World"

Day 25: "Take Courage; I have Conquered the World!"

Read: John 16:16 - 33; Matthew 11:28 - 30; Colossians 1:15 - 23; Psalm 24

Today is the first milestone in this journey towards 100 days of devotion and prayer. It is now one-fourth of the way through to the finish. Getting to this point has been a mighty big challenge for me spiritually. This is whole journey through Scripture and You Tube is brand new territory for me. I have never dug so deeply into studying the Bible and had no idea that there were so many powerful videos and songs that speak so deeply to my, and prayerfully your, heart. What an awesome experience its been.

The physical and spiritual effort to bring to you 25 of the first 100 consecutive days is remarkably rewarding, incredibly exhilarating but also incredibly exhausting. There have been a few days I have felt too tired to continue. There have been days when I have felt overwhelmed by the prospect of completing all 100 days in a row. There have been some nights when my mind would not let me sleep through the night. It has not reached a point where the effort has become an overwhelming burden but I can see the days ahead where it will become even more and more challenging. It is a daunting task, an overwhelming task. It is an endurance test for me that will stretch the limits of my biblical knowledge and the limits of my spirituality to wait for the Lord to reveal the right words to give to you, the right song to prayerfully inspire you.

Where do you go when you have reached the limits of your physical and spiritual endurance? Where do you go when what or who is all around you seems to drain or siphon all your energies away? Is there something going on within your family life, your personal life that threatens to overwhelm your ability to just get through your day? You have done all you can or know to do but the situation just doesn't seem to change or get's even worse if that was even possible. Health Issues, some financial burdens, Homework is overwhelming. Perhaps you are trying to follow this effort and reading and studying the Bible along with me. I pray that your effort will be a blessing, that it has been and will continue to be rewarding for you.

I could not even dare to undertake such an effort as this without praying to Jesus. This is a marathon effort that only through His grace do I have the confidence to believe that I will complete this effort. Each day I send my plea to the One who overcame the world for the strength and wisdom and guidance this task requires. Jesus said; "Take Courage for I have conquered the world" Take courage, Tom, In My name and by Grace alone you too can and will conquer this challenge I have placed before you. And that is the message I bring to you too: In Jesus' name; Take Courage, you can overcome life's challenges and claim your victory.

Pray: For the power of God, the grace of Jesus Christ and the guidance of the Holy Spirit to lead you through those moments when you have reached your physical and spiritual limits. When you feel that you just cannot continue go to the welcoming arms of Jesus where he is always waiting to lift away your burdens and give you His rest. That in the Presence of God you will find all the strength you will ever need to overcome what life or the Lord throws your way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk8eNVTklfw
Paul Wilbur - In Your Presence
www.youtube.com
IN YOUR PRESENCE THAT'S WHERE I AM STRONG IN YOUR PRESENCE OH LORD MY GOD IN YOUR PRESENCE THAT'S WHERE I BELONG SEEKING

No comments:

Post a Comment