Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Day 37: The Best Things In Life Are Worth Waiting For.

Day 37: The Best Things In Life Are Worth Waiting For

Read: Psalm 40; Isaiah 64:1 - 4

One of the best most enduring statements I have ever heard came from my Mom on one of those long ago days. It may have been before my High School graduation, my graduation from Nursing School after I had failed miserably and flunked out trying to study Engineering. It may have also been when after my second attempt to pass the Nursing State Board Exam, I finally had my license to practice as a Registered Nurse. I can hear her words even today: 'My Son, The best things in life are always worth waiting for, fighting for, believing in, and just never, ever, ever, ever letting go of.

God is always worth waiting for. In fact, He often makes us wait for Him before He chooses the moment to act. Why He does this is not always clear to us. but it is such a common experience. Yesterday, He desired for us to wait for Him. Today will be the same desire to wait and we will desire to very patiently wait for tomorrow too.

These words were posted by my Daughter in Law this morning about 1 am as her Mom quietly awaits in Hospice for God's appointed time of arrival when she can at long last finally return home to her Savior Jesus Christ: 'Thank you everyone for the thoughts and prayers, they mean a LOT! Mom is resting very comfortably in the Dove house. Call me crazy, but I, on the other hand am still holding out for a miracle!'

The best things in life are worth waiting for; Her Mom for her Savior to come and take her to her eternal home. A loving daughter, waiting on a miracle from God, perhaps for one more day or perhaps much much longer than that. The best thing in life worth waiting for - waiting on a miracle from God to change the unchangeable, to strive for the very best things in life, finding them waiting for you to arrive at the very exact place and at the exact moment God had always planned it to be - a wonderful marriage, wonderful children, grand children, successful career and retirement & so much more.

For others that unanswered prayer for the best thing in their life, that miraculous God moment, might sound something like this (Perhaps this even your prayer today):

Lord Jesus;

“Yesterday, I tried to talk to you, but I didn't know what to say. I was so very afraid you didn't want me to say anything. So I didn't. But inside of me there are many words waiting to come out. And tell you exactly how I feel-like, how I miss you. And how I love you despite my broken heart. I wish I had told you just how much I need you in my life. And especially to reveal how much I want you to please take this broken heart away. But today, I fear that those words may forever stay within my pained up heart-locked inside. Sometimes I wonder if there are words locked inside of your heart too... but I guess that I'll never come to know.” For today is soon to be swallowed up as it always shall be by yesterday and I know not what miracle the best of tomorrow shall bring for me and my Life." Lord, I pray for your miracle today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uztojBLZRuo
'Waiting for Tomorrow' - Mandisa [HQ with Lyrics]
www.youtube.com No copyright infringement intended. All rights go to Mandisa. This is FAN made. :) Artist: Mandisa Song: Waiting for Tomorrow
'Waiting for Tomorrow' - Mandisa [HQ with Lyrics]
www.youtube.com
No copyright infringement intended. All rights go to Mandisa. This is FAN made. :) Artist: Mandisa

No comments:

Post a Comment